• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Playing UCF

What do you want USF to do regarding football with UCF?   

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

Just thinking about the pro's of this game after reading the Trib article this morning on Woollards good and bad during his tenure.  For the most part I think the article was fair.

Agree that giving up UCF was a bad idea.  Game was close for travel, brought in crowds, controlled expenses for both schools and could have been a good rival for years to come.  Gives you a game that is always scheduled and that helps with the BE having so few teams.  And to heck with the Gators not agreeing to come to Ray Jay.

Go BULLS 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, chum... you won't find many here that think we should play UCF on a regular basis... they are not on our level, and should be treated like FAU and FIU... meaning, we'll play once or twice a decade.

Look at WVU and Marshall... Penn State and Pitt...

We gain nothing by beating them... and we lose respect and our image takes a hit if we lose to them.

Count me among the "forget 'em" crowd.

• Content Count:  1,524

Absolutely gain nothing by playing them. No one outside of USF and UCF gave a crap about this game anyways. A true rivalry with Miami will be a much bigger asset to the program than a rivalry with UCF. If UM gets back to their winning ways, and we continue to be a top 25 team, people outside of UM and USF will actually give a crap about this game. Who the hell is UCF?

• Content Count:  1,524

We need to move on, and quit talking about UCF. It amazes me how some people are so concerned with central florida, yet they have never beat us, and are not a BCS school.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Who C F?

• Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

4-0 we've got the sweep!  I've moved on.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

Answers 2 and 4 are pretty much the same.  Once I reminded myself of who they were and recalled the 4-0 sweep (and all their crying since the beginning of OUR program), I answered #2. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Absolutely gain nothing by playing them. No one outside of USF and UCF gave a crap about this game anyways. A true rivalry with Miami will be a much bigger asset to the program than a rivalry with UCF. If UM gets back to their winning ways, and we continue to be a top 25 team, people outside of UM and USF will actually give a crap about this game. Who the hell is UCF?

Don't think we've finished one year in the Top 25 yet.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Don't think we've finished one year in the Top 25 yet.

Finished the 07 regular season ranked (before losing or Ore. in the sun bowl).

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Forget them.

I keep seeing the pro keep-UCF-on-the-schedule crowd state that UCF was replaced with Ball St and WK.  And technically that is true.  TECHNICALLY.  The REALITY is that one annual in state game (UCF), was replaced by another in state game (UM), with another (FSU) added to boot.  Just don't seem to see why other don't realize this.

Archived