• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Playing UCF

What do you want USF to do regarding football with UCF?   

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Flip, Miami gets national TV coverage weekly...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This has nothing to do with UCF, so why keep bringing them into this (yes, I know this is a USF-UCF related thread, but we're talking about Miami-USF now)? That was 4 games and done no matter which way you sliced it. USF has long aspired to bigger and better things (6 games with Miami with 3 at home, 2 with FSU with 1 at home show that time has arrived).

Miami gets another game on national TV each season with this deal, so that alone is a good start, especially from a financial and exposure standpoint. Couple that with USF bringing a good number of fans there and you help them with ticket and concessions sales. Same holds true for Miami fans coming to the games here at RJS.

Travel costs would be at a minimum, so that has to help as well in the economic times we're in.

Noles and Gators aside I disagree with the notion that the Canes will play us because it could be a lucrative agreement for both parties even if we fail to beat them at least once. In order to keep the TV ratings up the games would have to be very close or unpredictable (as in its anyones game).

For example the TV contracts would be great for the first two meetings depending upon the outcome. For example if Miami whoops us by 30+ points in our own house then you can bet that the viewership for the next match up down in Miami would be much lower, and if we lose that one then the viewership will drop again, so fourth ans so on until its virtually worthless.

Secondly if we fail to beat them and we get swept in the current series then I doubt Miami, which has been unable to become dominant since entering the ACC, will be interested in continuing the series. They would have nothing to gain at this point and would only stand to lose their recruiting edge. Its the whole UCiF syndrome, once you sweep someone and virtually own them, why would you give them a 5th, 6th, or 7th shot to redeem themselves.

I believe that this is a strategic move by Miami to neutralize USF's ability to steal their recruits. Much like what we did, all be it unknowingly to UCF, we own them right now and have neutralized their ability to challenge us for recruits.

In order to make this into a potential rivalry game we have to beat them first.

Now despite my above rhetoric I'm confident that we can beat Miami (more so than FSU) this season but people need to see this for what it is which is a threat to our ability to recruit first, and second a rivalry once we prove that we are on par with the Canes, which I believe that we are.  ;)

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Flip, Miami gets national TV coverage weekly...

No, they don't.

They may get 7-8 games on ABC/ESPN family of networks.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They had 9 last year.

Thanks for getting the exact number. I figured 7-8 was a safe bet.

Obvioulsy this deal makes more sense for USF, but it does make sense for Miami. The game can get the right hype and having it played the same day as FSU-UF is a good start. I agree with Dixie that we will really have to win a couple of these games for it to be viable to continue, but I have faith that it will be done.

Miami is going to have a tough time drawing fans in that stadium, so we help them in that we'll bring a good number of our fans. They get extra money for the game to be televised nationally, so that helps as well.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Go on the Miami Rivals board and ask them if we will be continuing the series...lol

Let's play them a handful of times and win some of those and see how they feel then.

They must still be bitter about Kayvon Webster.

Archived