• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Playing UCF

What do you want USF to do regarding football with UCF?   

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Just thinking about the pro's of this game after reading the Trib article this morning on Woollards good and bad during his tenure.  For the most part I think the article was fair.

Agree that giving up UCF was a bad idea.  Game was close for travel, brought in crowds, controlled expenses for both schools and could have been a good rival for years to come.  Gives you a game that is always scheduled and that helps with the BE having so few teams.  And to heck with the Gators not agreeing to come to Ray Jay.

Go BULLS 

You couldn't be more wrong. We'll be playing at UM, FSU, and UF the next few years that are "close for travel."

I believe the Tennessee-Martin game brought in 48,000 last year. That "brought in crowds."

You will forget about "controlled expenses" if we lose to them. We might actually lose some donors if we lose to an inferior, non-bcs program. And we get no recognition for beating them. We might as well schedule an out-of-state non-bcs team that does not require our players (or theirs) to have so much emotional drainage after the game; we beat them in OT and we dropped 2 spots in the AP poll!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Don't think we've finished one year in the Top 25 yet.

Our BCS ranking at the end of the 2002 season was #23.

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

Just thinking about the pro's of this game after reading the Trib article this morning on Woollards good and bad during his tenure.  For the most part I think the article was fair.

Agree that giving up UCF was a bad idea.  Game was close for travel, brought in crowds, controlled expenses for both schools and could have been a good rival for years to come.  Gives you a game that is always scheduled and that helps with the BE having so few teams.  And to heck with the Gators not agreeing to come to Ray Jay.

Go BULLS 

of course we should play them over several 1aaaaa we play every year

it is dumb that we dont

leavitt and co arte obviously afraid

this argument that we have nothing to gain is bull.lets beat them every year 70-0 until they dont want to play us

usf is chicken

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

Absolutely gain nothing by playing them. No one outside of USF and UCF gave a crap about this game anyways. A true rivalry with Miami will be a much bigger asset to the program than a rivalry with UCF. If UM gets back to their winning ways, and we continue to be a top 25 team, people outside of UM and USF will actually give a crap about this game. Who the hell is UCF?

do you think the nation cares abut fsu  vusf  or miamoi v usf

u guys are demented

• Content Count:  1,400

this topic sounds familiar I not sure but I think we talked about this before  :poll

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

this topic sounds familiar I not sure but I think we talked about this before   :poll

Thought this was just a case of a newbie who hadn't been exposed to it but they've actually been a member for almost 3 years ...... bad form.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Absolutely gain nothing by playing them. No one outside of USF and UCF gave a crap about this game anyways. A true rivalry with Miami will be a much bigger asset to the program than a rivalry with UCF. If UM gets back to their winning ways, and we continue to be a top 25 team, people outside of UM and USF will actually give a crap about this game. Who the hell is UCF?

do you think the nation cares abut fsu  vusf  or miamoi v usf

u guys are demented

The nation cares more about a potential top 25 matchup with USF and UM/FSU then they do about UCF.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Go BULLS 

of course we should play them over several 1aaaaa we play every year

it is dumb that we dont

leavitt and co arte obviously afraid

this argument that we have nothing to gain is bull.lets beat them every year 70-0 until they dont want to play us

usf is chicken

Afraid of what.  They have already been beaten 4 times.  How many more times do they have to be beaten.

And they were already beaten 70-0 (well ok 64-12), and yet they still want to play.  They would want to keep playing every year even if they lost 100-0.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We fullfilled our obligation to CUSA in leaving for the Big East by playing UCF 4 times in a row.  We beat them in all four games  I think that says it all.  Enough is enough!  Time to concentrate on other things.  As far as I am concerned, UCF no longer exists where football is concerned.

• Content Count:  412

The second UCF becomes a BCS school, then yes- play them year in and out.

Until then, I want nothing to do with them.

More likely= since that will never happen, I want nothing to do with them.

Archived