• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Thats neat, that positive!!"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

You guys kill me. Brett does a good job covering USF. Its not his job to pleasure USF fans or coaches (as apparently Greg has the position locked down.)

Brett is a reporter and he does a good job of reporting on USF, not publishing fluff like: "Fewer penalties not always a good thing." Again a reporter and not USF PR director or USF apologist. If you remember where this all started, it was CJL that started it. He shut down and stopped talking to the media when Brett starting reporting on the USF Football/Ganga team and subsequent suspensions. Hate to tell you but that was news and as a alumnus of the University of South Florida I want to know when our scholarship "student" athletes are hurting the team and the schools reputation. CJL whined and cried and took his rattle and pacifier home for half a season. God forbid someone report the truth. That was his low point as to this point IMO.

Brett has the courage to do a job even though doing it probably gets him disliked by the coaches making his job all the more difficult. If the political writers had been doing this for the last two decades this country would be much better off and probably not at war or in a "recession."

You bring your own perspective to a story too, don't forget that. I saw that Sun Bowl article and reveled in USF getting CREDIT for spoiling a backroom deal with some a-holes trying to subvert the contract and team selection system.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt has been out of control for years and he doesnt win

why keep him

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to add that Greg passes out more USF information than anyone - ever. He probably has more USF knowledge than anyone also. He plays the game and gets unprecedented access and disburses information at an alarming rate. He is always working and I think that we will most likely lose him to an internet information warehouse like ESPN if he chooses.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

BM will out last leavitt

he is a great reporter

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Personally, I think he did okay with it.  Rather than just ignoring the question, or berating the guy, he used sarcasm.

CJL takes the losses more personally than anyone.  The guy hates to lose and if you don't think he is losing sleep over the losses, you are crazy.

Spurrier wasn't liked by the media much either, but he is a great coach and has done well, over time, at pretty much everywhere.

I am okay with him blowing off some steam.  Remember, this is just after the game, and they should be talking about the win.  Instead, the question is about the recent losses.  Why not just punch him. 

I probably would have handled it a little differently like answering with a response such as "no need to comment on it, I want to celebrate this win our team just had, and start looking forward to WVU.  Thanks, have a nice night".

Also, don't forget that Leavitt sees these writers 3 - 5 times per week.  Sometimes they travel together.  Think of co-workers who rub you wrong.  It just happens.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

You guys kill me. Brett does a good job covering USF. Its not his job to pleasure USF fans or coaches (as apparently Greg has the position locked down.)

Brett is a reporter and he does a good job of reporting on USF, not publishing fluff like: "Fewer penalties not always a good thing." Again a reporter and not USF PR director or USF apologist. If you remember where this all started, it was CJL that started it. He shut down and stopped talking to the media when Brett starting reporting on the USF Football/Ganga team and subsequent suspensions. Hate to tell you but that was news and as a alumnus of the University of South Florida I want to know when our scholarship "student" athletes are hurting the team and the schools reputation. CJL whined and cried and took his rattle and pacifier home for half a season. God forbid someone report the truth. That was his low point as to this point IMO.

Brett has the courage to do a job even though doing it probably gets him disliked by the coaches making his job all the more difficult. If the political writers had been doing this for the last two decades this country would be much better off and probably not at war or in a "recession."

You bring your own perspective to a story too, don't forget that. I saw that Sun Bowl article and reveled in USF getting CREDIT for spoiling a backroom deal with some a-holes trying to subvert the contract and team selection system.

Wow - I hope I never need you to cover my back.  You would throw anyone under the bus in the name of "News". 

Loyd Carr and the media were always at it and he was a great coach.

Report the truth -  now you are getting really funny.  You talking about the Obama NY Times or the ESPN - what game we got and how great are those teams(no matter how bad they are).

I read some of McMurphys stuff and as someone said before Aumen he was the only one covering the Bulls so it was better then nothing.  But the coverage Aumen is doing makes McMurphy look like he is doing nothing.

You guys are better then me because someone always taking shots at me or my company is not my friend.

Like my Mom always told me - it's not what you say but how you say it.

• Content Count:  3,574

LOL, that was funny.

BTW, I have no problem with BM.  Yes, he sometimes gets out of control with the negative spins (even when there's no purpose for it... like the Sun Bowl and Notre Dame comment), but he tells it how it is.

• Content Count:  760

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

First, I thought it was pretty funny.  The slamming of the podium puzzles me.  My guess it was just an emphasis that the conference was over and that he wasn't going to answer Brett's question.

The other thing we need to remember is that reporters and newscasters aren't, in most cases, fans of the teams they cover.  Rock Riley from Brighthouse is not a Bulls fan and I'm not sure he is a Bucs fan.  These guys may or may not be from the area, went to other schools and have a job to report the news.  Erin Andrews is a UF alum but covers whatever team they assign. 

I don't read Brett so I can't comment on his writing.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Archived