• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Thats neat, that positive!!"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

Every time I read the about the bulls through the writing of Mr. McMurphy, I usually get quite peeved as it almost always seems to have a negative slant. In fact, Brett almost appears to ENJOY posting negative aspects concerning the BULLS.  Greg Auman is so much better and his coverage is much more enjoyable to read.  Coach Leavitt was just reacting to Brett's constant "jabs" and quite frankly, it was a pleasure to watch.  He is a coach who sticks up for his team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Bret violated both FERPA and HIPAA on these players.  He probed the halls of the athletic facitlity asking people questions that employees are not allowed to answer. Sure he got answers and they may have been correct but at what cost?

I'm sorry I didn't know that Brett had signed either the FERPA or the HIPAA agreements. I thought his job was reporting on USF and i thought the obligation of privacy was between the athletes and the school . . . .

At what cost? How about benefit! The exposure helped force a change in the drug policy which I think everyone will agree was a good thing. I know there are a lot of idiots here that would revel in the NEW U where USF duplicated Miamis success but I am all for a cleaner better program.

His job isnt about media relations.

Yes it is.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Bret violated both FERPA and HIPAA on these players.  He probed the halls of the athletic facitlity asking people questions that employees are not allowed to answer. Sure he got answers and they may have been correct but at what cost?

I'm sorry I didn't know that Brett had signed either the FERPA or the HIPAA agreements. I thought his job was reporting on USF and i thought the obligation of privacy was between the athletes and the school . . . .

His job isnt about media relations.

Yes it is.

Yeah I'm sure those players liked having their privacy violated.  Of course they probably did not like it as much as the posters on this board who were defrauded of their money by some fake "trophy for the team" scam.  I mean, that is real news also isnt it?

Those players have a right to their privacy and the school has an obligation to provide that privacy. When you have a reporter roaming the halls of the school looking to violate the players rights the school should have just trespassed him from ever coming on campus again. Murph is a liability.

As for the coach's job being media relations, show me one coach with a high percentage winning season who was fired for being rude to the media.

Ok *******, name one person that didnt get their money back. I gave it to Bulliever but I will double refund it if it makes you feel better. What kind of scam gives the money back unsolicited?

Now give me an opportunity to pay you back for that slam. I will kick the **** out of you if we are ever face to face. Thats now "part of my job." Guaranteed.  Little internet stud huh? Ill see . . . .

Wow, so you dont like it when someone reports things about you on the internet. I mean it did happen, it was true.

I guess you know how those players felt. Well, I guess it is a little different. When you defraud people, usually you get a criminal record which unlike medical information ISNT private.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Its been rehashed here many times and when exactly did I defraud anyone? You missed the first responsibility of a journalist and went straight to slander/libel. You can bust it out when you are out of good arguments I guess. Its weak but go ahead I guess I deserve that for the delay in getting the money back. I hope you go through similar times at some time in your life.

EDITED

I AM GOING TO TRY AND BE A BETTER MAN. ITS TOUGH FOR ME BUT I AM CHANGING MY WAYS.

Its been rehashed here many times and when exactly did I defraud anyone? You missed the first responsibility of a journalist and went straight to slander/libel. You can bust it out when you are out of good arguments I guess. Its weak but go ahead I guess I deserve that for the delay in getting the money back. I hope you go through similar times at some time in your life.

EDITED

I AM GOING TO TRY AND BE A BETTER MAN. ITS TOUGH FOR ME BUT I AM CHANGING MY WAYS.

• Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

This is not just a Brett issue, if I remember correctly, the SPTimes writer was threatened to be arrested last year for walking around Leavitt.  Also, Jim has a tendency to use the media when he wants but does not like to be questioned when things go wrong. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This is not just a Brett issue, if I remember correctly, the SPTimes writer was threatened to be arrested last year for walking around Leavitt.  Also, Jim has a tendency to use the media when he wants but does not like to be questioned when things go wrong. 

Archived