• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GameDay Changes from USF & TSA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

Most of the changes do not affect me.  I will still be out when the lots open.  My only concern is when I get into the game...I can get rowdy.  I don't curse, but I stand and get excited.  If they come to me and try to make me move...or eject me...it will not be pretty.  I dont let anything come between me and my Bulls.  I also don't drink at the games.  I may have one or two at the tailgate with my food, but I haven't drank at games in a long time.  So, my actions are because I am a crazy Bull, no alchohol at all.  If they try to accuse me of different, it will not go over well.

-Gurly

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Being on the "inebriated side" is now reason to deny you entrance to the stadium, but I am sure that will have no affect on your gameday experience (or maybe that is not the one you would like enforced to the fullest extent?).

I love the changes.  I hope they will enforce them to the fullest extent.   There is no place for public drunkeness, especiallly with all the families that attend USF games.  We need to identify and eject all the derelects that are causing trouble.  If you want to get hammered, stay at home and watch the game on tv.  BBQ all friggin day in your backyard, drink your keg in your garage and curse all you want at the tv.   4 hours is plenty for my group, no kegs is fine too, we drink bottles, and mixed drinks anyway. Not saying we don't get on the inebriated side, but we also don't act like idiots.  However, it's clear that some can't handle drinking, and as a result we now have more stringent rules.   I agree that pricks will be pricks regardless, and that there are lot of decent people who really enjoy tailgating longer then 4 hours, but it's only an hour shorter, and if you really want to tailgate longer, there are private houses that will still allow you to park in their yard whenever you want.   The meat of these rules are to eject the unruly inside the stadium, however they had to also address the root cause of a lot of that behavior, which is drunkeness, and a lot of that occurs during tailgating, which is why you see some tailgating rule changes.  

If I was under 21, I would not be drinking in the parking lots, as there is a task force of ATF agents that will be patrolling the lots undercover and asking to see IDs from anyone who looks underage.

USF was in a position that they had to do something, and to me, none of these rules effect my gameday experience.  

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Being on the "inebriated side" is now reason to deny you entrance to the stadium, but I am sure that will have no affect on your gameday experience (or maybe that is not the one you would like enforced to the fullest extent?).

I love the changes.  I hope they will enforce them to the fullest extent.   There is no place for public drunkeness, especiallly with all the families that attend USF games.  We need to identify and eject all the derelects that are causing trouble.  If you want to get hammered, stay at home and watch the game on tv.  BBQ all friggin day in your backyard, drink your keg in your garage and curse all you want at the tv.   4 hours is plenty for my group, no kegs is fine too, we drink bottles, and mixed drinks anyway. Not saying we don't get on the inebriated side, but we also don't act like idiots.  However, it's clear that some can't handle drinking, and as a result we now have more stringent rules.   I agree that pricks will be pricks regardless, and that there are lot of decent people who really enjoy tailgating longer then 4 hours, but it's only an hour shorter, and if you really want to tailgate longer, there are private houses that will still allow you to park in their yard whenever you want.   The meat of these rules are to eject the unruly inside the stadium, however they had to also address the root cause of a lot of that behavior, which is drunkeness, and a lot of that occurs during tailgating, which is why you see some tailgating rule changes.  

If I was under 21, I would not be drinking in the parking lots, as there is a task force of ATF agents that will be patrolling the lots undercover and asking to see IDs from anyone who looks underage.

USF was in a position that they had to do something, and to me, none of these rules effect my gameday experience.  

People will still be able to get into the game if they are inebriated... it is the people who are obviously drunk, and acting like idiots that will not get in. 

Some people can handle their alcohol, and some can't.  Those that can't are the targets.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

-- Fans deemed intoxicated by law enforcement will be denied entry to games

Whatever the police "deem" intoxicated could be troublesome.

Overall I do like the rule.

• Content Count:  19,229

agreed... but i believe the purpose is the people that are acting like drunken idiots... not people that are intoxicated but in control.

• Content Count:  4,016

4 hours of tailgating is a slap in the face to all usf fans who have followed the rules.

It's only been shortened by one hour. That's a pretty weak wristed slap ...

yeah but triple any shorter and it will be trouble getting everyone parked before the game.  Part of it is spacing out the parking.  If you've got 3 hours to park 15k cars in confined area it could get chaotic.

Personally the only one I don't like is the tailgate.  The 5 hours gives us time to spread parking, and for the classy tailgaters to do things in style.  This is the only one I don't like.

Imagine all this because of a few whiny wine and cheese fags from KU.  I can't remember anyone bringing up the utter abuse and profanity our team, and high end alum were subjected to when they had to walk through the tailgate to get into the stadium before the KU game in 2006 when the bus was having trouble finding the stadium.

I guess we have thicker skin then those pale skinned, whiny, bi+tchy, lilly-white-ass, Kansasans....oppps am I now banded from the stadium for my profanity to an opposing fan. :D

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

That is what you HOPE will happen but this CHANGE says otherwise (by definition and admission he will be intoxicated and could be denied admission to the stadium, especially if he got his wish and the rules were followed to the fullest extent)

Brett's Blog has a longer list:

The New or Enhanced Initiatives and Points of Emphasis

Parking Lots/Tailgating

* Parking lots will open a maximum of four hours before kickoff (previous policy provided for parking lots to open five hours before kickoff for games that started after 1:00 p.m.)

* Fans will not be permitted to possess mass amounts of alcohol.  Kegs or large vessels that contain alcoholic beverages will be prohibited and confiscated

* The number and presence of security, law enforcement personnel and ATB agents will be increased

* Efforts to identify intoxicated fans will be enhanced. Fans determined by law enforcement to be intoxicated will be denied entry to the stadium

Inside Stadium

* The number and presence of security and law enforcement personnel will be increased and enforcement of all stadium policies will be enhanced.  Special emphasis will include, but not be limited to:

* Abuse of intoxicants will not be tolerated.  Fans will be ejected for abusing intoxicants

* Profanity and other offensive language will not be tolerated. Fans will be ejected for using profanity and offensive language

* Disorderly behavior will not be tolerated.  Fans will be ejected or arrested for such behavior

* Abusive or threatening behavior directed at the visiting team, visiting team fans, visiting team officials and game officials will not be tolerated.  Fans will be ejected for such behavior

* The promotion of the stadium’s fan messaging service in which fans seeking assistance can immediately text 813-277-6501 or call 813-350-6501 will be dramatically increased

* The monitoring of alcohol sales and use will be enhanced.

* The stadium concessionaire will require identification from all fans purchasing alcohol. (Current practice requires identification only from those who appear to be 30 years of age or younger.)

* Additional undercover officers will be deployed to monitor and enforce all alcohol policies

* Ticket privileges will be revoked for those ejected from a game or arrested (policy will apply to season ticket holders, single-game ticket buyers and students)

* The fact that the USF Student Code of Conduct and Student Alcohol Policy extends to all games at Raymond James Stadium will be more effectively communicated to all students.  Students who violate the policy will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with USF policy

Ongoing Assessment and Review

* All policies and procedures will be subject to review and modification throughout the football season

Additional Information Regarding the “Be Respect-A-Bull†Campaign

* Videotaped message from Head Football Coach Jim Leavitt

* A full-page advertisement has been included in the football game program

* A full-page advertisement has been included in the Bulls Fan Guide

* Buttons were created with the campaign logo and are worn by Raymond James Stadium personnel and many USF staff in addition to being distributed at all home games

* Created flyers with the campaign message that were distributed at the first two home games

* Student, Alumni Association and staff campaign “ambassadors†roam the parking lots at all home games communicating the “Be Respect-A-Bull†message

agreed... but i believe the purpose is the people that are acting like drunken idiots... not people that are intoxicated but in control.

Velcro, I love your trust in the way things are 'suppose' to go.  But we all know what's going to happen.  Rayjay has some under-trained, unskilled security labor.  Who always seem to conduct themselves with a proverbial chip on their shoulder.  They will also be the ones interpretting these rules, and typically when they accuse a fan of something the police almost always take their side.  So it's ot just about prudence with the police monitoring the fans.  Before these rules or "KU ISSUES" (what a bunch of puss**s over in Lawrence- opps I am ejected again), the RayJay security and police were already quick on the trigger for ejections and such.

• Content Count:  5,903

TSA are professionals and fair when it comes to their decisions.... I sure we will not have any problems with this rule.

Very, very, very troublesome.  I've never been ejected from a game, and I am quit loud cheering for USF during the game, but I do drink a few brews before and during games. ;D  At some games, by the letter of the law, I am 'intoxicated' ;D.  A huge fear is massive turnaways because people looking a bit silly from a few beers.

Archived