• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GameDay Changes from USF & TSA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours of tailgating is a slap in the face to all usf fans who have followed the rules.

It's only been shortened by one hour. That's a pretty weak wristed slap ...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Here here! Way to go USF Athletics and TSA. Enough with the drunks. However, enforcement  will be difficult inside the stadium, but I applaud the first step. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  339

Cyber, you are right about the "slap in the face" except you shouldnt' limit it to the 4 hours of tailgating.

The entire list of bans on tailgaiting is only going to punish the folks who are following rules to begin with.  I never understand this type of thinking.  You have people who are know to not follow the rules and the way you want to deal with them is to...make new rules???  what a joke.

No kegs, 4 hours of tailgating??? Do you really think this is going to stop people from getting wasted.  Please.  At this point you're just hurting the die-hards that like to throw a nice tailgate.

This is all nothing but window-dressing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

awesome news. Kudos to USF.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

One thing that is certain, there will be very long lines at the concession stands with the vendors having to check everyone's ID. Plus I think that there will just be more liqour being consumed in the parking lots. On a positive personal note for me, I will save money seeing as how I am not willing to miss any gametime to get a beer. :)

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Cyber, you are right about the "slap in the face" except you shouldnt' limit it to the 4 hours of tailgating.

The entire list of bans on tailgaiting is only going to punish the folks who are following rules to begin with.  I never understand this type of thinking.  You have people who are know to not follow the rules and the way you want to deal with them is to...make new rules???  what a joke.

No kegs, 4 hours of tailgating??? Do you really think this is going to stop people from getting wasted.  Please.  At this point you're just hurting the die-hards that like to throw a nice tailgate.

This is all nothing but window-dressing.

Agree with you 100%. This is only going to hurt people who follow the rules. Thugs don't show up 5 or 6 hours before kickoff and get drunk and then go into the stadium. They show up late, already drunk, and looking to start trouble.

For the Kansas game, I showed up to the stadium about 2 hours before kick off, drank 5 beers walking to the stadium, cheer for 4 hours, and then left without any trouble. NOW, I might get kicked out or not even let into the stadium because someone deems me "too drunk?"

I have no problem with the stadium restrictions and the added security. Nobody should feel threatened or should ever been assaulted. But restricting what people do OUTSIDE the stadium doesn't seem like the way to go about things.

• Content Count:  1,911

Am I the only one who thinks these new rules are a joke? I'm all about ridding the world of drunk and disorderly people, but this is crazy. The majority of this board has one thing or another against TSA and now we're applauding the fact that these rent-a-cops are going to have even more subjective power? I guess you're all cool with the fact that they plan on tracking your alcohol purchases as well? Maybe once they see that you've paid for 10 beers they'll make it a point to follow you out of the stadium and pull you over. Great idea...it'll certainly fix pricks being pricks.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

* Fans will not be permitted to possess mass amounts of alcohol.  Kegs or large vessels that contain alcoholic beverages will be prohibited and confiscated

No coolers?

Good question.  I would think they might mean things like a "hunch punch" tub or other such "vessel" ... rather than a cooler containing numerous smaller vessels.

But some clarification would be helpful.

Exactly, what is a "large vessel?"  Does that include liters of vodka?

• Content Count:  242

the idea is nice but if they police the stadium on the inside to the point where i cant stand up and yell and do what i do then i will be very angry

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

the idea is nice but if they police the stadium on the inside to the point where i cant stand up and yell and do what i do then i will be very angry

I am worried about that as well. I am sure that there will be some over reaction to people standing at first. Hopwfully it will calm down as the season goes on.

Archived