• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GameDay Changes from USF & TSA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

-- Fans deemed intoxicated by law enforcement will be denied entry to games

Whatever the police "deem" intoxicated could be troublesome.

Overall I do like the rule.

agreed... but i believe the purpose is the people that are acting like drunken idiots... not people that are intoxicated but in control.

Velcro, I love your trust in the way things are 'suppose' to go.  But we all know what's going to happen.  Rayjay has some under-trained, unskilled security labor.  Who always seem to conduct themselves with a proverbial chip on their shoulder.  They will also be the ones interpretting these rules, and typically when they accuse a fan of something the police almost always take their side.  So it's ot just about prudence with the police monitoring the fans.  Before these rules or "KU ISSUES" (what a bunch of puss**s over in Lawrence- opps I am ejected again), the RayJay security and police were already quick on the trigger for ejections and such.

Well, we'll have to see how it goes.  I trust our athletics dept to make good decisions.  I don't neccessarily trust the TSA... but I'm not going to say this will not work properly.

Honestly, that particular rule about not letting in drunks (those acting like drunk idiots) is not something new... they always had the right to refuse people.  Has anyone been blocked access for being drunk (but ruly) in the past?  I haven't heard about it(but of course, it still could have happened). 

I just don't see where this is going to turn into a problem... but we'll see fairly quickly come October.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-- Fans deemed intoxicated by law enforcement will be denied entry to games

Whatever the police "deem" intoxicated could be troublesome.

Overall I do like the rule.

Very, very, very troublesome.  I've never been ejected from a game, and I am quit loud cheering for USF during the game, but I do drink a few brews before and during games. ;D  At some games, by the letter of the law, I am 'intoxicated' ;D.  A huge fear is massive turnaways because people looking a bit silly from a few beers.

I honestly don't think you or any others will have any problem come game days.  If you fall into the loud drunk, but not unruly crowd, you'll be in the games cheering with all us other loud drunk and not unruly crowd.  :)

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

TSA are professionals and fair when it comes to their decisions.... I sure we will not have any problems with this rule.

Really?  Really. ???  TSA and Mickey Farrell are not out on the front line interpretting these rules.  It is usually unskilled security labor they hire, and trust me you won't think they're fair if you piss off some 75 year old security worker by casually bumping into him and he runs to tell a cop you're drunk and disorderly and they kick you out without question....this happens more than you think and these new rules will enhance that possibility.

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

You forgot this guy- intro.1.jpg

TSA are professionals and fair when it comes to their decisions.... I sure we will not have any problems with this rule.

• Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

He is being sarcastic

Really?  Really. ???  TSA and Mickey Farrell are not out on the front line interpretting these rules.  It is usually unskilled security labor they hire, and trust me you won't think they're fair if you **** off some 75 year old security worker by casually bumping into him and he runs to tell a cop you're drunk and disorderly and they kick you out without question....this happens more than you think and these new rules will enhance that possibility.

• Content Count:  2,461

Really?  Really. ???  TSA and Mickey Farrell are not out on the front line interpretting these rules.  It is usually unskilled security labor they hire, and trust me you won't think they're fair if you **** off some 75 year old security worker by casually bumping into him and he runs to tell a cop you're drunk and disorderly and they kick you out without question....this happens more than you think and these new rules will enhance that possibility.

I believe my friend was being sarcastic.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Throwing out people for being jerks is fine.  They should have been doing that all along.

Revoking season tickets -- there better be some kind of appeal process.  I'd hate to lose my season tickets just because somebody decided that I was annoying them.

THE 4 HOUR RULE SUCKS.  IT PUNISHES EVERYBODY FOR SOMETHING THAT A VERY FEW PEOPLE DID.  DO YOU REALLY THINK THE PEOPLE WHO CAUSED THE PROBLEMS HAVE ANNUAL SEASON TICKET PARKING PASSES?  SORRY, THIS RULE IS STUPID.  PARKING LOTS OPEN 4 HOURS BEFORE THE GAME TO LIMIT DRINKING BEFORE THE GAMES...I DON'T SEE THE LOGIC.

Thanks alot.

if they already kick you out for that without question, these rules won't effect that scenario at all.  They don't have any more power now than before with this rule. 

• Content Count:  997

When the TSA came for the students,

I remained silent;

I was not a student.

When they locked up the standers,

I remained silent;

I was not a stander.

When they came for the hecklers,

I did not speak out;

I was not a heckler.

When they came for the drunks,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a drunk.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

Just awesome.

bb.jpg

REMAIN SEATED. DRINK WHAT WE TELL YOU TO DRINK, WHEN WE TELL YOU TO DRINK.

These rules are to protect the Glasers draft beer revenue stream, cut back on parking labor costs and they threw in a little actual enforcement for giggles.  I understand the need for cracking down on the a-holes but this is reactionary politics at a laughable scale. If they were serious about eliminating drunks then ban ALL alcohol sales at the game. If you want the stands to be free of thugs hire more security. I bet there is less manpower at Bulls games than Bucs games. Hire more security and train them not to taser for fun or throw people out for standing and cheering and it will be the deterrent you need. The community policing itself is what is needed. Auburn fans had kegs drinking ALL DAY before the game and they were the best behaved fans in the world. Shoot they RV and start tailgating a week before big games. Are USF fans/alumni/students second class citizens? Can we not be trusted? When a fan is out if line YOU tell them so. Not one person but involve the whole section. Boo the fans. The reason the do it is because they think the attention they get for being an ass is good. Make it a hollow/negative experience for them.

Auburn has developed a culture of fan friendliness and that didn't come from the police or the administration, it came from the fans. The Respect-A-Bull campaign is a great start but we as fans must adopt ownership in it and speak up when people cross the line. Nevermind people are sheep and think that the police are the only answer. Government please take care of us all!!

This is coming from a reformed heckler. Hell I was THE heckler in 137 until I figured a few things out in life. Then I was embarrassed when people came up to me around town because they recognized me for heckling.

• Content Count:  1,260

this is ridiculous, so what if i show up a little hammered at the gate? I stand in the student section and I cheer, I dont start **** with opposing fans

Whoever approves this get ready for some minimum wage rent-a-cop whos having a bad day deciding on whether or not your allowed into the game.

Oh no...where is my constitutional right to show up everywhere ****faced?  ::) I'll just sit around and wait for someone to call an ACLU attorney....(you know that is inevitable)  :-\

Archived