• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GameDay Changes from USF & TSA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The problem is not the times when you are allowed to stand, it is the one time when you guess wrong and now you are not only out of the game but also your season tickets.

It would have happened to me last year and already to quite a few people at game one. I am glad that they were able to come up with this system in just under a week yet all of the requests over the years, by season ticket holders, for standing sections have fallen on deaf ears. Oh well, at least everyone will be able to have a nice experience at the stadium once we ban all of those pesky season ticket holders and long time fans :throwup2

Now when we get randomly thrown out for the South Endzone for standing we will get the added bonus of having our season tickets revoked, these new rules are awesome ::)

Wow. You know we are eventually see somebody post a thread regarding this. It's going to be a sad, sad day.

Are people still complaining to you to sit down?  I stood the whole game, on the sideline in the 3rd row, section 113 (about the 25 yard line).... and never once was asked to sit down.  The whole section was standing... maybe it was just a result of it being against a top team. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the TSA came for the students,

I remained silent;

I was not a student.

When they locked up the standers,

I remained silent;

I was not a stander.

When they came for the hecklers,

I did not speak out;

I was not a heckler.

When they came for the drunks,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a drunk.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

It would have happened to me last year and already to quite a few people at game one. I am glad that they were able to come up with this system in just under a week yet all of the requests over the years, by season ticket holders, for standing sections have fallen on deaf ears. Oh well, at least everyone will be able to have a nice experience at the stadium once we ban all of those pesky season ticket holders and long time fans :throwup2

Now when we get randomly thrown out for the South Endzone for standing we will get the added bonus of having our season tickets revoked, these new rules are awesome ::)

Wow. You know we are eventually see somebody post a thread regarding this. It's going to be a sad, sad day.

Are people still complaining to you to sit down?  I stood the whole game, on the sideline in the 3rd row, section 113 (about the 25 yard line).... and never once was asked to sit down.  The whole section was standing... maybe it was just a result of it being against a top team. 

I hate to say it... but, if we are playing Pitt at noon and it looks like we are going to win by the second quarter. This could be a reality again from the UTM game. And any headway that has been made with current TSA and TPD is going to be eroded with the NEW SECURITY they have added.

• Content Count:  19,229

The problem is not the times when you are allowed to stand, it is the one time when you guess wrong and now you are not only out of the game but also your season tickets.

Gotcha... Hopefully the staff understands that that isn't quite the same problem as the unruly drunks and won't be as quick to pull tickets under that situation.

I hope that you are right but while the TSA has struck me as many things, reasonable is not one of them. Hopefully we will have someone in athletics that will have some form of discretion but pragmatism seems to be lacking in our society.

I hope that you are right but while the TSA has struck me as many things, reasonable is not one of them. Hopefully we will have someone in athletics that will have some form of discretion but pragmatism seems to be lacking in our society.

I concur...  the good thing is the TSA doesn't get the decision to pull season tickets.  That would be aweful.

• Content Count:  1,378

I love the changes.  I hope they will enforce them to the fullest extent.   There is no place for public drunkeness, especiallly with all the families that attend USF games.  We need to identify and eject all the derelects that are causing trouble.  If you want to get hammered, stay at home and watch the game on tv.  BBQ all friggin day in your backyard, drink your keg in your garage and curse all you want at the tv.   4 hours is plenty for my group, no kegs is fine too, we drink bottles, and mixed drinks anyway.   Not saying we don't get on the inebriated side, but we also don't act like idiots.  However, it's clear that some can't handle drinking, and as a result we now have more stringent rules.   I agree that pricks will be pricks regardless, and that there are lot of decent people who really enjoy tailgating longer then 4 hours, but it's only an hour shorter, and if you really want to tailgate longer, there are private houses that will still allow you to park in their yard whenever you want.   The meat of these rules are to eject the unruly inside the stadium, however they had to also address the root cause of a lot of that behavior, which is drunkeness, and a lot of that occurs during tailgating, which is why you see some tailgating rule changes.  

If I was under 21, I would not be drinking in the parking lots, as there is a task force of ATF agents that will be patrolling the lots undercover and asking to see IDs from anyone who looks underage.

USF was in a position that they had to do something, and to me, none of these rules effect my gameday experience.  

The problem is how does the agreement read? Is it simply we (TSA) toss your fan, we give you (athletics) their name, you pull their tickets. Or is there some form of investigation, appeal process etc. I do not have any of the info but it would be cheaper, easier and more likely that it is the former and not the latter.

I concur...  the good thing is the TSA doesn't get the decision to pull season tickets.  That would be aweful.

I love the changes.  I hope they will enforce them to the fullest extent.   There is no place for public drunkeness, especiallly with all the families that attend USF games.  We need to identify and eject all the derelects that are causing trouble.  If you want to get hammered, stay at home and watch the game on tv.  BBQ all friggin day in your backyard, drink your keg in your garage and curse all you want at the tv.   4 hours is plenty for my group, no kegs is fine too, we drink bottles, and mixed drinks anyway.   Not saying we don't get on the inebriated side, but we also don't act like idiots.  However, it's clear that some can't handle drinking, and as a result we now have more stringent rules.   I agree that pricks will be pricks regardless, and that there are lot of decent people who really enjoy tailgating longer then 4 hours, but it's only an hour shorter, and if you really want to tailgate longer, there are private houses that will still allow you to park in their yard whenever you want.   The meat of these rules are to eject the unruly inside the stadium, however they had to also address the root cause of a lot of that behavior, which is drunkeness, and a lot of that occurs during tailgating, which is why you see some tailgating rule changes.  

If I was under 21, I would not be drinking in the parking lots, as there is a task force of ATF agents that will be patrolling the lots undercover and asking to see IDs from anyone who looks underage.

USF was in a position that they had to do something, and to me, none of these rules effect my gameday experience.  

Bingo...  great post.

The problem is how does the agreement read? Is it simply we (TSA) toss your fan, we give you (athletics) their name, you pull their tickets. Or is there some form of investigation, appeal process etc. I do not have any of the info but it would be cheaper, easier and more likely that it is the former and not the latter.

I do not know, but i suspect the ticket pulling part is arbitrary based on situation. 

Archived