• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Down in front...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

me too, RockyTop

JimUSFSig prolly hates his season tix behind me in Sec. 125 :(

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Two cents...stood for 75-80% of the time at the UCF game.  50-60% of the time @PSU & @AL in Birmingham put all those had nasty bench seats.  Maybe 40% at ECU and Troy State.  I was at a USC@UF (USC's Charles White & UF's Wilbur Marshal played) game in '82 and a FSU@UF in '87.  We did not stand 100%.  So go figure.

IMO there is no reason to stand during offensive plays.  You are supposed to be quiet anyway.  I jump up if the plays look like they will break for a TD or long gain.  I wouldn't mind standin when the Bull D was on the field but out of courtesy of those behind me I sit except during when jumping up on big hits or QB sacks or stand for important D plays...not all 3rd down but most unless the game is under control like Sat nite.

I DO get annoyed with the group of people to my right 'cuz they go to the restroom & concession 6-7 times per game not counting half and qtr stoppage.  Why both coming to the game if you are gonna be at the concession stand all nite?  You don't go to the movie and spend 20-30% at the concessions.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Maybe they should have separate sections for people who stand all the time, people who sit all the time, and people like me who pop up without thinking at every good play or for the defence on third down!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

This is not about "rights" and chess tournaments.  This is about being in a place where alumni pay money to sit in good seats.  They are there to support the program by buying season tickets and donating.  Mutt, you are not a small person and if someone paid money to see a game and can only see the back of your jersey, he can ask you to sit down.  He/she may not get the answer they like, but they can still ask.  

If we tell all those people they should stay at home, then everyone bitches about the seats being empty.  Right now, USF is a casual atmosphere and a family outing.  Hopefully in years to come we will be loud and screaming and standing (if you want).

I know it sucks but you both paid to be there, some people just like to cheer from the seats.  At least they are there supporting USF.  Doesn't always make them less of a fan.  

WHAT AN INTERESTING TOPIC! 8-)

is mutt 300lbs or more? he didnt look that big in his picture but the bull horns and beads add weight to him

where was bubbles during all this?

i am 5'6 so if i stand no body would complain!

IS THEIR A STADIUM RULE about standing?

i have been to so many venues that i dont remember how many but i never remember  standing being an issue

drinking and cursing seem to be the big issues i have ever witnessed

in the 90's my nephew(tight tank top guy ) and i would go to every uf/fsu game and everyone seemed to be standing

i cant beleive this is such a big issue

next game i go to you will see  find me in shoops section next to jen or student section.

i am not dealing with cranky old farts that ***** when you stand.what a bummer.

maybe usf should have sectionwhereyou cant stand!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Complaining about people standing too much at a football game is like complaining about the number of drunks in Ybor on a weekend night, it comes with the territory.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

I sit in Mutt's section, and I have come to believe that most of the people in our section think they are at a golf game. They are quiet most of the time and pretty much glued to their seats.  :-/

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Maybe they should have separate sections for people who stand all the time, people who sit all the time, and people like me who pop up without thinking at every good play or for the defence on third down!

they do, it's called student sections and doner sections. I'd guess also that the higher the donation the more "pop up" crowd and less standing crowds that you'll run across. I think wooly nailed it when he basically pointed out that you should act accordingly.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I sit in Mutt's section, and I have come to believe that most of the people in our section think they are at a golf game. They are quiet most of the time and pretty much glued to their seats.  :-/

Sit over there too, and people around me get annoyed because I scream on every play when our team is on defense.  Hey, I usually do it sitting down, but I scream and yell at the top of my lungs when our team is on defense- and that my friends, I don't care who you are, or what you think, happens at every **** major University in America.  My biggest beef isn't the sitting down, although I think more people should be standing, it's at times people saying I am 'annoying' or to 'shut up' even.

That's when i lose it.  You can't see FINE I'll sit, but if you want me to be quiet because I am violating your ten feet "No Noise" ordinance....nah, dat's bs.  What's great is it makes me scream even louder, and what's better there is no **** rules at RayJay about shouting for a play or team.  As long as it's within the confines of the game.  

That's sad, sitting is one thing, but when people are actually annoyed by cheering for our defense.  Sorry, in my world I'd rather have 25k in the stands that get it, then 35k with 10k that suppress the 25k good ones.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Go to any major college football school and your standing 70% of the game especially in the areas closer to the field.

Does that mean it should happen at USF? No. But it will one day and those fans who have a problem with it move to higher sections where you won't have to deal with it.

True, how true.

Watch some of the other schools on TV.Heck, watch them in person when we play at their house.  Alabama, Miami, South Carolina , Penn State to name a few.   Many,many people are standing and it is not limited to the students.

I sit in the donor level and I sure as h don't sit down during the entire game.  Many times we stand and my teenage boys try to get those around us standing as well.  Watch the team. They want a loud standing bunch of fans making tons of noise and one can make much more noise when they are standing beating on the seat in front of them if it is unoccupied.

Mutt, I think we stand as much if not more than you. Keep it up.

BTW there are 2 great jumbotrons for anyone who needs an extra view

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Oh and by  the way is standing permitted when we have to get up every time anyone in our row wants to go get concessions or take at BR break, that's at least 20 times a half