• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Down in front...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know Mutt, but you might be misinterpreting his post.  I think he stands when there is a big play or a 3rd down when our defense needs the support.  The announcer even says "Stand up for your Defense".  I stand up at various times of the game, but the rest of the time, I'm cheering and clapping from my seat.  I really don't see any problem with that.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

Not only does everyone stand at FSU games but they all stand on thier seats....
Go to any major college football school and your standing 70% of the game especially in the areas closer to the field.

I need to pay closer attention to the games on tv ... I think there's some stuff being blown way out of proportion here.

I went to games at Doak many moons ago and did not stand on my seat the whole time and neither did those around me.

I go to about 2 games a year at the Doak for the past 3 yrs, and the only time I was able to sit down was at half. I am a young, fit guy, and its gets old standing that long, but its what you have to do to see the game.

Its one of those things, "When in Rome..."

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Trip I went to Doak for FSU/Notre Dame in 2002 and stood the whole game. usually it's just in the lower seats or maybe because it was a big game. I can tell you this, went to Ole Miss in 2002 and no one sat even the elder in front of me.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

went to a canes game awhile back, against a team who beat them the year before, and it was a redemption game for them, can't remember the name, but the stadium was sold out, and everybody stood the whole game.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

the time I have spent standing on the bleaches is exponentially higher than the time I have spent sitting in them at Neyland ... granted, it is not that way ALL the way around the lower bowl (dont think they stand in upper level, dont know, never been up there), but most of the stadium stands and it is not an option in the student section.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

standing is normal.  i stand when im watching games on tv if i get excited.  but standing on seats is unneccessary and annoying

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,464
  • Days Won:  25

Mutt - STAND UP! Cheer as I know you do. I'm willing to bet you sit and stand at the appropriate times, in your mind.

Who the heck can sit and watch these BULLS for an entire game anyway?

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I will say only one thing in Mutt's defense...he was not and had not been standing the entire game.  He got up during a good play and continued to stand for a while longer.  He would have eventually sat down on his own without being told.  I think his major beef was the way the guy said it.  He wasn't exactly polite.

Which is pretty much how I figured it really was. I'm betting that the guy who said that finds the enthusiasm of your entourage to be disturbing - across the board - not just standing.

You know...it used to be that if you were transiting the aisle or needed to crawl over people to get to your seat, the old-school decorum was to either duck down so folks could see or wait until the play on the field was over. Now...not so much.  8-)

don't know Mutt, but you might be misinterpreting his post.  I think he stands when there is a big play or a 3rd down when our defense needs the support.  The announcer even says "Stand up for your Defense".  I stand up at various times of the game, but the rest of the time, I'm cheering and clapping from my seat.  I really don't see any problem with that.

Yep...that's the deal.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

If we had an on campus stadium this wouldn't be a problem.   ;)

Uh oh...

Not sure what "problem" you're refering to but if you think everyone will be standing all the time at our OCS you are in for a shock ...

Sorry, but I can't lay it on any thicker than that...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

Orson at EDSBS linked here and made a quick reference to this issue today:

While Tampa police officers are still busy beating the hell out of USF fans for standing up in the stands and attempting to behave like football fans, we continue the hectic rundown of the weekend’s activities.