• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Down in front...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Last year against UCF the Law came over and advised us to sit down.  After a bit, our area of section (133) was standing up again.  The Law came back over and advised us that if we stood up again, the whole section would be thrown out.  Now we were sitting next to a bunch of UCF students(yes they were drinking but not disorderly), but it was absolutely terrible to be told that you would be thrown out for standing when everyone was doing so.  Watched the rest of the game from our seats.

Now that I moved to section 134 (Row E) the whiners behind me have me sitting again.  Not too keen on being thrown out of a game or arrested for my desire to stand.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I agree with GetAHobby, the current donors don't know college football, but we need them at the game even if they are boring and just sit there.  We shouldn't chase them off.  

It'll get better in a few years as the donors increase, and for the next couple of years the student section isn't going to be shut down full.

Hell get in the stadium 30  minutres prior to kickoff and you can get some pretty good seats in the student section.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,412
  • Days Won:  43

I get too nervous to sit down to tell you the truth. I get worked up for the USF Bulls everytime I watch them play. It has gotten to the point where it is hard for me to go to a bar and sit down when USF is on. I just start to pace back and forth at home when I am watching the game because my nerves cant take it. Sometimes I ask what is wrong with me??? Why do I get into these games so much??? I gets worse every year. I beat myself up too much sometimes.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

This is not about "rights" and chess tournaments.  This is about being in a place where alumni pay money to sit in good seats.  They are there to support the program by buying season tickets and donating.  Mutt, you are not a small person and if someone paid money to see a game and can only see the back of your jersey, he can ask you to sit down.  He/she may not get the answer they like, but they can still ask.  

If we tell all those people they should stay at home, then everyone bitches about the seats being empty.  Right now, USF is a casual atmosphere and a family outing.  Hopefully in years to come we will be loud and screaming and standing (if you want).

I know it sucks but you both paid to be there, some people just like to cheer from the seats.  At least they are there supporting USF.  Doesn't always make them less of a fan.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Go to any major college football school and your standing 70% of the game especially in the areas closer to the field.

Does that mean it should happen at USF? No. But it will one day and those fans who have a problem with it move to higher sections where you won't have to deal with it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

But it will one day and those fans who have a problem with it move to higher sections where you won't have to deal with it.

Thats right. And until that day does come.... ;)

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately, it really is a catch-22 that we are in right now.  I like standing the whole game too, and I like the atmosphere in the student section more than around a bunch of 60 year olds, so I sit in the student section.  But, like the stadium deal w/ the Glazers/TSA, we aren't really in a position to be picking and choosing who comes to the games.  We just have to be happy we have who we have in the seats.  Sucks, but I believe it will get better in the future.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Haha.. I saw you standing in the stands during the band's pre-game show facing back trying to get everyone up and excitied.  People just arnt into our games, a shame.  Nice personalized jersey (where did ya get that!?!).  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

But it will one day and those fans who have a problem with it move to higher sections where you won't have to deal with it.

Totally agree with that Joe.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

This is not about "rights" and chess tournaments.  This is about being in a place where alumni pay money to sit in good seats.  They are there to support the program by buying season tickets and donating.  Mutt, you are not a small person and if someone paid money to see a game and can only see the back of your jersey, he can ask you to sit down.  He/she may not get the answer they like, but they can still ask.  

If we tell all those people they should stay at home, then everyone bitches about the seats being empty.  Right now, USF is a casual atmosphere and a family outing.  Hopefully in years to come we will be loud and screaming and standing (if you want).

I know it sucks but you both paid to be there, some people just like to cheer from the seats.  At least they are there supporting USF.  Doesn't always make them less of a fan.  

it is about rights...everyones rights..they have the right to ask you to sit down and you have the right to stand..i so want those shirts that say: if you cant see stand up....