• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Down in front...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

Not only does everyone stand at FSU games but they all stand on thier seats...Not trying to compair us to other school, but just using another example. Everyone says go over to the student section, that's not an option. What happens when the student section is full? What is going to happen when all those students grad. and start getting there seats in the donor sections, everyone is going to start standing. Its a problem with people that are donors and weren't students when we had football, they have no idea on what goes on at college football games.

Since FSU has bench seating, standing on 'seats' doesn't have the same safety issues as it does at RayJay.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

the student bulls club shirts from last year had, "if you can't see, stand up"  people sitting behind us know that if they are sitting there, they will have to stand.  if they told us to sit down we would just have them read the back of our shirts and say shut it.  i agree, people have a right to stand if they want to.  if you want to sit the whole game, then get the front row seats in a section.  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

do they sell those shirts????

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

i sit in student section so i just assume that i'll have to stand to see the game.  soemtimes i dont have to and i'll sit to rest my feet but i see no problem with having to stand to see the game.

what annoys me is people standing on the seats.  not only can the ushers tell you not to because no one should be doing that, but you should not be forcing everyone to freaking stand on the seat to see the game.  i can sort of understand with short people that end up being the same height as say a 6 foot tall person, but otherwise it's just annoying.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

This is not about "rights" and chess tournaments.  This is about being in a place where alumni pay money to sit in good seats.  They are there to support the program by buying season tickets and donating.  Mutt, you are not a small person and if someone paid money to see a game and can only see the back of your jersey, he can ask you to sit down.  He/she may not get the answer they like, but they can still ask.  

If we tell all those people they should stay at home, then everyone bitches about the seats being empty.  Right now, USF is a casual atmosphere and a family outing.  Hopefully in years to come we will be loud and screaming and standing (if you want).

I know it sucks but you both paid to be there, some people just like to cheer from the seats.  At least they are there supporting USF.  Doesn't always make them less of a fan.  

it is about rights...everyones rights..they have the right to ask you to sit down and you have the right to stand..i so want those shirts that say: if you cant see stand up....

Yes, you are "right."  Everyone has the right to enjoy the game the way they see fit.  

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

If we had an on campus stadium this wouldn't be a problem.   ;)

Uh oh...

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

Uh oh...

when i was reading this thread I just knew it would start.

SBC does not sell the shirts from last year but they were great shirts b/c we didn't have to respond to anyone.

I get yelled at all the time at Bucs games for standing up but I am just so used to standing for an entire football game that I want to stand at the key moments in the game.

Everyone has the right to stand and yell and sadly there are other open seats probably just down the row so those who want to sit can move and ind a seat with a better sightline.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Not only does everyone stand at FSU games but they all stand on thier seats....
Go to any major college football school and your standing 70% of the game especially in the areas closer to the field.

I need to pay closer attention to the games on tv ... I think there's some stuff being blown way out of proportion here.

I went to games at Doak many moons ago and did not stand on my seat the whole time and neither did those around me.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

I will say only one thing in Mutt's defense...he was not and had not been standing the entire game.  He got up during a good play and continued to stand for a while longer.  He would have eventually sat down on his own without being told.  I think his major beef was the way the guy said it.  He wasn't exactly polite.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Uh oh...

Not sure what "problem" you're refering to but if you think everyone will be standing all the time at our OCS you are in for a shock ...