• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I seem to remember after the first 6 or 7 games of both football and noe MBB most on here thought the coaches and VPMK should all be fired. My how a little winning will change the tones.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I seem to remember after the first 6 or 7 games of both football and noe MBB most on here thought the coaches and VPMK should all be fired. My how a little winning will change the tones.

I don't believe I have seen one person on this board calling for Golesh or Rahim to be fired.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

45 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't believe I have seen one person on this board calling for Golesh or Rahim to be fired.

You might want to go back to this thread, after we lost to UMass and were 2-4. You might recognize many of the characters and get a chuckle on how their comments have changed.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

You might want to go back to this thread, after we lost to UMass and were 2-4. You might recognize many of the characters and get a chuckle on how their comments have changed.

Yea absolutely some of these are funny, and i think I have been guilty of posting overheated, wrongheaded, comments after bad games, and bad early starts of the season. I was certainly guilty of it after our first loss in football against WKU last season. But I don't remember anyone posting comments regarding either firing Golesh or Rahim. Maybe I am wrong.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We all know that Golesh likes Portillos.  WTF with these options.

That explains why CAG has been showing up at the basketball games - to get the Portillos coupons! Although I don’t recall seeing them recently, and with all of the wins, Portillos might go out of business…lol

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

VPMK maybe, don’t remember anyone calling for the firing of either one.  Some were questioning their capabilities, I certainly was on Coach Amir but pull the post that said we should fire either one of them after the first 6-7 games? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

That explains why CAG has been showing up at the basketball games - to get the Portillos coupons! Although I don’t recall seeing them recently, and with all of the wins, Portillos might go out of business…lol

I still have a few left. Believe they were buy a sandwich, fries and drink and get a sandwich. Only used one. We don't get down to Fowler very often other than games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

CAAR has had a great year, but it is a single great year in the AAC

Unless he takes USF to the final four, I do not see this year as a large enough body of work to garner a 2-3x offer from a bigger program 

Now if he repeats the feat next year and USF is in the top 10, that would be a different story

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

VPMK maybe, don’t remember anyone calling for the firing of either one.  Some were questioning their capabilities, I certainly was on Coach Amir but pull the post that said we should fire either one of them after the first 6-7 games? 

I’m probably wrong on the exact wording. Not worth the effort.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

30 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I’m probably wrong on the exact wording. Not worth the effort.

I really didn’t hear much about firing CAG, he won the first couple conf games.  Amir was a different story, 2-4 and losing to some really bad teams, Maine, Hofstra, CMU.  Nobody said fire him but many thought he wouldn’t last more than 2 years.  The turnaround was unprecedented and glad I was dead wrong about him along with many others.