• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

CAAR has had a great year, but it is a single great year in the AAC

Unless he takes USF to the final four, I do not see this year as a large enough body of work to garner a 2-3x offer from a bigger program 

Now if he repeats the feat next year and USF is in the top 10, that would be a different story

We are in the midst of a 15 game winning streak, which is 5 more than anybody else in the country.  I don't care who you're playing; a 15 game winning streak is impressive.  I've been watching USF basketball since 1980, and I've never seen the talking heads regularly calling us "USF" as opposed to South Florida, but it's happening now.  CAAR is a **** good coach and the AD/boosters need to do WHATEVER it takes to keep him at USF.  He overachieved at Kennesaw State and he's overachieving here.  If you think a power 5 U is not going to come after him, you're wrong. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  359
  • Days Won:  1

Penny gets paid 2.5 million a year at Memphis at least match that. If it was up to me I would go ahead and offer him 3 million a year starting next year, if he doesn’t accept that he just probably wants to try to see what he can do at the power 5 level. 

His buy out I think is 2 million which is nothing to the P5 schools. 

I’av been watching USF hoops for years, every single game and now that we are winning it feels so much better. I would go all out on him, you have to.With coaches like him we will be in a P5 in no time.

Edited by Cmr3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  359
  • Days Won:  1

I think if Karter Knox signs it will be a huge sign that coach will be here next year just my opinion. 

We will know what Karter Knox is doing in an about 1 week. If he signs, he would be the highest rated recruit to sign with USF ever, he’s a Mc Donalds all American which we never had before.

Edited by Cmr3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

There is no such thing as the P5 in MBB.   Even the press knows this.   The press also takes in account non-football conferences like the Big East.

Besides, the PAC-12 just imploded, so it is technically the P4 in FBS football.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

7 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Penny gets paid 2.5 million a year at Memphis at least match that. If it was up to me I would go ahead and offer him 3 million a year starting next year, if he doesn’t accept that he just probably wants to try to see what he can do at the power 5 level. 

His buy out I think is 2 million which is nothing to the P5 schools. 

I’av been watching USF hoops for years, every single game and now that we are winning it feels so much better. I would go all out on him, you have to.With coaches like him we will be in a P5 in no time.

This offer 3 mil a year now. Make buyout atleast 5 mil

7 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think if Karter Knox signs it will be a huge sign that coach will be here next year just my opinion. 

We will know what Karter Knox is doing in an about 1 week. If he signs, he would be the highest rated recruit to sign with USF ever, he’s a Mc Donalds all American which we never had before.

Ill be shocked if he is not @ kentucky

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know if this was already posted. If not, this is must see, especially the first few minutes, where he rants about how good the conference is, followed by crying.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

There is no such thing as the P5 in MBB.   Even the press knows this.   The press also takes in account non-football conferences like the Big East.

Besides, the PAC-12 just imploded, so it is technically the P4 in FBS football.

Actually there is a recognized "P6" for this year anyway. It's used in the AQ criteria for the NIT tournament ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Actually there is a recognized "P6" for this year anyway. It's used in the AQ criteria for the NIT tournament ...

I was not aware of that. So are we guaranteed a nit spot if we fail to get into the tourney? Does that also give us a home game?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

This offer 3 mil a year now. Make buyout atleast 5 mil

So offer him 3x what Dusty May signed an extension for ...... that's nucking futs. You definitely do something for him but this is straight crazy talk.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I was not aware of that. So are we guaranteed a nit spot if we fail to get into the tourney? Does that also give us a home game?

I am guessing the 6 are the ACC, PAC, Big 12, Big 10,Sec, and the Big east.