• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

Conceptual view (blimp view) from northeast

image.png

$300+ million does not get concrete support columns. Hate the skinny steel support columns holding up the stands. Looks cheap like a high school. It is essentially FSU's stadium...layer of concrete over a bounce house support structure. From underneath, it is going to look like FIU, FAU, UCF and FSU's stadiums......disappointed in that....is concrete support that much more....I guess so.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, bull2bull said:

$300+ million does not get concrete support columns. Hate the skinny steel support columns holding up the stands. Looks cheap like a high school. It is essentially FSU's stadium...layer of concrete over a bounce house support structure. From underneath, it is going to look like FIU, FAU, UCF and FSU's stadiums......disappointed in that....is concrete support that much more....I guess so.

Agreed, it looks a little cheap compared to SDSU or CSU’s. I understand materials are more expensive now, but there are ways around the cheap look; but, I don’t hate it, I only kind of like it objectively”. Bottom line, is I love it because it’s ours and it’s not red with a pirate ship. 

Edited by michibull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,502
  • Days Won:  43

Finally! That definitely will feel like home for USF once it is built. Looks like there will be plenty of ways to expand it if needed.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

Really we should do enough to have him stay - if he's that good.  We gotta quit being losers and surrendering years in advance.

Yes are we going for this or not?  If we are going to build on stadium we should retain a coach.

9 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agreed, it looks a little cheap compared to SDSU or CSU’s.

CSUs looked nice if I recall but I thought SDSUs looked worse.  I would have to go back and look.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Looks awesome. Only knock is the metal supports....they could later enclose that area like FSU did for Doak. 

Curious what the capacity is, hopefully 35k to 38k...that be perfect size for now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

What is the inflation rate in construction?  18% like most other goods?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

26 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

East-west orientation and location of the tower should build in a significant amount of shade for the home side, plus the design will allow for adding additional shade structures later. I'm satisfied the issue has been addressed and not simply ignored like it doesn't matter (you're right, it very much does).

I must be missing something here because this all seems backwards to me.

North south orientation would have been preferred for shade from boxes and cooking opponents during day games. East-west orientation gives a sliver of shade and even then they should have the scoreboard on the west side to block some of the afternoon sun.

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Well, it's a stadium all right.....

Was really hoping for shade.  Those noon games are killers.

I need a hype man to help out here because all I see are two pics from way far out.  (Did not have chance to listen to the presentation yet).  Aside from "it's ours" what's something to be excited about? Anything cool we're doing with it?

Edited by Ghostbuster

• Content Count:  930

Not enough information really for me draw a final conclusion.  Looks pretty nice.  Outside of the actual games, the tailgating area at least in the blimp view looks like it'd be a mess to get into/out of.  

How 'far' of walk from the sundome lots and others is this approximately? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

Looks kind of like the UNT stadium they built a few years ago. I would think the student section would be cordoned off from the rest of the stadium.

IMG_2698.jpeg