• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I think the stadium looks cool as hell. 

Biggest disappointment is it appears there will not be much shade. As a Dolphins Season Ticket holder the shade we have at Hard Rock is a game changer. Worse part of Ray Jay is the heat. I would use some of the resources towards that.

East-west orientation and location of the tower should build in a significant amount of shade for the home side, plus the design will allow for adding additional shade structures later. I'm satisfied the issue has been addressed and not simply ignored like it doesn't matter (you're right, it very much does).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

What was all that months ago about Golesh's contract and a stadium?  Seems he'll be either gone or extended by then.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

This stadium is a banger / 🔥.

Very nice.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

What was all that months ago about Golesh's contract and a stadium?  Seems he'll be either gone or extended by then.  

I suspect he will be gone. Atleast I hope he will be. If we continue being successful someone is going to take him away. My hope is in the next 3 seasons we do enough to have him poached.  

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

East-west orientation and location of the tower should build in a significant amount of shade for the home side, plus the design will allow for adding additional shade structures later. I'm satisfied the issue has been addressed and not simply ignored like it doesn't matter (you're right, it very much does).

interesting. Was not able to watch. Glad they are taking it into account. Games are much more enjoyable if you are not baking in the heat.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

I suspect he will be gone. Atleast I hope he will be. If we continue being successful someone is going to take him away. My hope is in the next 3 seasons we do enough to have him poached.  

I hope we pay him and rise to power.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

East-West also allows for better wind flow... the winds in Tampa tend to be more westerly, so the openings on that end of the stadium means more of a breeze.

• Like 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

My hope is in the next 3 seasons we do enough to have him poached.  

Really we should do enough to have him stay - if he's that good.  We gotta quit being losers and surrendering years in advance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  411
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I think the stadium looks cool as hell. 

Biggest disappointment is it appears there will not be much shade. As a Dolphins Season Ticket holder the shade we have at Hard Rock is a game changer. Worse part of Ray Jay is the heat. I would use some of the resources towards that.

Adding shade structures is apparently stupid expensive. SDSU nixed the shade canopies they wanted because estimates were $50-$100M for just that. Don't know what it would've cost y'all because that quote I'm sure has a California price increase plus it can change depending the exact design of the shade structures.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, 3-6-Latvia said:

just based off that look, i'm getting tulane's yulman stadium vibes. they used dant clayton's hybrid precast concrete product.

https://dantclayton.com/products/hybrid-precast-stadium-system/

Yeah, it also has a BYU Stadium vibe too. I’m not the biggest fan, but overall, it’s good. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Any wording on potential capacity?