• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm done with USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Don't get me started on what I have lost to this addiction over my lifetime.  Is there a 12-step program for Bulls fans?

image.jpeg.7b5c18f7946adaba387999d46fee2cf8.jpeg

Yes! There is a 12 step program to get over USF football:

1. Blowout loss to CUSA
  2. Struggling win against FCS
  3. Close loss to Top 10 team
  4. Nice conference win
  5. Frustrating conference win
  6. Anomalous blowout loss?
  7. Consecutive blowout loss?!

And so on until you've reached the 12th step which is probably a blowout loss and voila! You're over USF football!

Until next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, gibbsak said:

Sad Amazon Prime GIF by The Boys

Thanks for that smile inducing post on a rough sports day. I’m guessing the Bucs finish off the trifecta of tears tomorrow. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

anyone who has worked in athletics for more than 5 years needs to be let go. this has to be the absolute worst athletic department in the country.

how could any sane person give them money?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

9 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

What team do you like?

I don't follow a team other than usf. If usf were even remotely OK at basketball or football I'd follow it, but with usf in the state they're in I just don't watch any college sports. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

I don't follow a team other than usf. If usf were even remotely OK at basketball or football I'd follow it, but with usf in the state they're in I just don't watch any college sports. 

I watched other college sports when usf was in a decent league and relevant. I haven't watched another college game other than usf in nearly a decade because they just don't affect usf anymore because we aren't relevant. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

We will be back next weekend. We will be hoping USF finds a way to beat UConn. And if that happens we will get to enjoy some more happiness…

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

Oh yes, I'm definitely in the fan portal. I think I'm just done with college football though. 

My interest in College Football in general has been decreasing the last 4 or 5 years, you’re not alone.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I watched other college sports when usf was in a decent league and relevant. I haven't watched another college game other than usf in nearly a decade because they just don't affect usf anymore because we aren't relevant. 

I started watching college football in the way back when and was really excited when U of SF finally started playing. For the next nineteen years I was all over it...season tickets, tailgating, away games, etc. However, I didn't drop following other teams just because USF now had a team. Think of it as a case of 'first among equals' sort of thinking. But once I dropped season tickets, and USF was an option, I can say that there are times, more often as of late, that I'm watching another game and checking in on U of SF.  To me, college football is entertainment. It's how I spend my Saturday in the fall. U of SF can - or cannot - be part of that equation. Last Saturday, I flipped to another game in the third quarter to watch Tennessee and A&M. Why not stick around and maybe U of SF can turn this around? No. The Bulls have shown time and again that they cannot overcome early game setbacks. Just not in the current DNA. Maybe one day. But I'll check in later to see if that's changed. I'm not sitting here watching and waiting for the switch to flip.

I reckon my emotional investment is not the same in '23 as it was in '97. I don't get overly amped up nor spiral into depression when it comes to both U of SF basketball and football. Mainly, because there are other college sports entertainment options available, and I've been following U of SF too long to snap at the bait.

There are still three winnable games on the schedule. Winning those games puts U of SF eligible for a bowl game (which has now become the lowest the bar has been set). But, we are an impatient bunch and rebuilding is not something we are used to. We're looking for that one-hundred-eighty-degree turn in year one. On the plus side, we have won one-more-game this season compared to the last guy's best year. So, there's that. :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

It’s not the losing, it’s being totally overmatched these past two weeks. Hard to wrap your head around that, given the first five weeks when we mostly looked like a competent D1 football team.