• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm done with USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

This is just round 1 between Herman and Golesh and time will tell. However yesterday Golesh and USF were totally outclassed, outcoached, outwitted, outplayed, out hustled, out everythinged. Herman went Jean Claude Van Damme on Golesh.

Does raise the question whether hiring a coach with zero HC experience over a proven winner ( whether Chadwell or Herman)  was prudent in our siltation. Golesh yesterday looked like a newbie who comes with training wheels, and who will need a lot of time. However we cant afford a three year plan with all the conference realignment going on.

I feel if next year we are still losing to FAU, and we have had a bad start two thirds into season, I will be on board with firing Kelly. Next year will be 6 years into his reign. Talking to my long time USF friends, and a majority feel that it should have happened already . I personally would give Kelly another year

Genuinely curious about what he has displayed that would lead you to wanting to let ruin and waste another year

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It’s not the losing, it’s being totally overmatched these past two weeks. Hard to wrap your head around that, given the first five weeks when we mostly looked like a competent D1 football team.

very good point

we have no entertainment value

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

You know you'd have to fire CAG too, right?

Not necessarily. Golesh would gets the 3 years ( or at least 2 and a half years like Scott did)

Kelly had a lot of options when hiring a coach this time around. If half way through next year Herman and Chadwell are thriving while Golesh is still learning and struggling, it will be clear to me that Kelly made the wrong hire at a critical point in USF history.

Regarding Kelly there will be other factors though such as  men's basketball, the OCS, and  conference realignment.. So my view on Kelly might change if there are positives in other areas.

Kelly needed a homerun hire in football, and if it becomes clear that the other options we had are outperforming Golesh, then that will be on Kelly.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Genuinely curious about what he has displayed that would lead you to wanting to let ruin and waste another year

Because, the last two weeks were just two games. A few weeks ago i was praising Kelly because it looked like the right hire was made. Call it a premature ejaculation on my part. Certainly things changed the last two weeks, but there is still a lot of football to be played.

I think  next year if FAU is still beating us, and  we are still losing more then we are winning then I would be comfortable making a determination that Kelly has to go.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

From that perspective, it would be an easy call, although even with the FAU program not being in good shape, it was still in a lot better shape than ours. Maybe not 42 points better, though .... but Willie taught me it's not how you start but how you finish so I'm going with a several year evaluation.

Fair enough. I’m just not sure we have a few years to find out. We need to show everyone that this thing is turning around - maybe like the Titanic turning slowly - but obviously turning.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Because, the last two weeks were just two games. A few weeks ago i was praising Kelly because it looked like the right hire was made. Call it a premature ejaculation on my part. Certainly things changed the last two weeks, but there is still a lot of football to be played.

I think  next year if FAU is still beating us, and  we are still losing more then we are winning then I would be comfortable making a determination that Kelly has to go.

This has nothing to do with two games, in the 5 years he has been here where he could not have systematically failed football and basketball harder if he tried what from his accomplishments here or anywhere makes you think this could ever possibly work out with him leading the charge?

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, smazza said:

very good point

we have 

If you enjoy watching bad football.  Sadly, can't turn away.  Like a car crash.Gladiator GIF

Edited by Cat941
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/14/2023 at 11:23 PM, Triple B said:

Thanks for that smile inducing post on a rough sports day. I’m guessing the Bucs finish off the trifecta of tears tomorrow. 

Don't get me wrong... I was highly dssappointed in the showing but, I learned a long time ago, I can't let these guys determine my happiness.  Still seen much better things on the field and we knew defense was going to be rocky this year.  They gave us hope early on, but now they're showing us they stilll have development to make.

Just like that one Browns fan did, When I die, I'll ask them to be my pallbearers, so they can let me down one last time.

Next play.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

14 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

Don't get me wrong... I was highly dssappointed in the showing but, I learned a long time ago, I can't let these guys determine my happiness.  Still seen much better things on the field and we knew defense was going to be rocky this year.  They gave us hope early on, but now they're showing us they stilll have development to make.

Just like that one Browns fan did, When I die, I'll ask them to be my pallbearers, so they can let me down one last time.

Next play.

Pretty much everyone was disappointed in the showing but all handle it differently ...... and Browns fan may be the perfect soul mate to Bulls fan.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

You are your mentality. USF's peers in the state should be UF and FSU. What would those programs do after getting destroyed by UAB and FAU? what would they do after three years and three total wins? I'm not sure, but I doubt that they would still have their AD... maybe some riots. Lol.