• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You guys do know that there are 11 games left on our schedule?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

But we could move on with our lives and let the healing begin.  This is like watching a loved one on the table, the doctor yells "clear", they attach them to tubes and wires and you stand around and watch the same thing again the following week for 11 weeks. Heart wrenching.

True but one could still move on for a year and check back later and leave the masochists like us to watch to see if the heart beat starts back.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I think the options were to let the program die or invest in a stadium, facilities, and staff. USF chose the later. I agree 100% with that. Gotta try because am OCS with a winning team playing meaningful games will pay off in the long term with campus culture and hopefully winning alums back. Step one is winning and step two is getting into meaningful games with teams people have heard of and winning. If we're going to ever get back to step two, step one needs to happen asap. I'm still holding out hope. I think if anybody can do it, Golesh is the guy. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I was impressed by the defense overall. The secondary did a great job compared to previous years. If we could get any pass rush the defense would look even better. I also like how the tackling looked a million times better. We were aggressive and hit hard. More then 1/2 of our team has never played in a game together. Losing sucks, but at least I can see things that look to be improved. Let’s hope they keep improving throughout the season. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Building a stadium is a must if you want USF to get into another conference and establish our university as a major brand.   Time to grow up, we have AAU, get the last piece in place. 

Also the on campus traditions. Connecting alumni back and getting the donations up.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

I mean, yea, you can question the stadium if you want.

Here’s the thing though, people can’t say “we need to invest in the program to show we can commit to funding our sports program” and also say “omg, the stadium is such a waste of money. Why are they doing that”.

The stadium is mainly for the students, they are trying to build tradition and culture and excitement for the students. We have no tradition at all, and that is something that creates a good, fun atmosphere where people want to be.

I am excited for the stadium. I am excited that the students will get to finally have a stadium.

So for the record, I’m not outright against the stadium but if your future outlook changes while you are in the planning stages of a $300+ million dollar project, I certainly would expect that renewed discussions are in order. As another poster point out, the summary write-up proposal indicated that USF was already over estimating potential benefits according to an independent evaluator. If USF was already basing the ROI on rosy projections and we just took another step down/were left behind (potentially until 2036), the entire justification (financially) may no longer be there. 

As far as your other points, we had plenty of traditions in the making when we were winning in Raymond James in the late 2000s and the students also didn’t have a problem with making it to those games in droves. Winning does that. Further, it doesn’t seem like the on campus basketball arena is drawing the students attendance just because we built one. I’m for investing in football in whatever way gets USF back to relevance the quickest. May be that’s the stadium, may be it’s a payment to buy our way in to a conference (a la SMU), may be it’s a donation towards FSUs ACC contact buyout. I’d personally be ecstatic to be sitting alongside 40k other USF fans again in RayJay playing the nationally recognized teams again, win or lose. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I mean we have 12 games left but otherwise I agree completely with your post

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Further, it doesn’t seem like the on campus basketball arena is drawing the students attendance just because we built one

Basketball is not as popular as football in TB.  At least my experience growing up there.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

34 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

I mean we have 12 games left but otherwise I agree completely with your post

Maybe Bama was purposely excluded. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

You can do that right here, right now. Just click your heels together three times and flip the channel...or plan a series of window displays on home safety, or help start a library, or instead of watching football, get the gang together to watch the PBS special on knitting...it's all within your power today! 

download.jpg

But that's my family member on that table. Can't give up until they unplug the cord. That's the painful part.

• Upvote 1