• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You guys do know that there are 11 games left on our schedule?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 9/3/2023 at 7:21 PM, Peatearpan said:

My goodness, the toxic attitudes on this board after that WKU loss. I hope some of those responses are “hot takes” and overreactions.

Saying the stadium isn’t worth it, that the money is being wasted?

Saying the coach needs to be fired after one game? Keep in mind we have been bad the last 4 seasons, we have new schemes/coaches/players AND a bunch of talent transferred out.

The reactions on this board are unreal.

we are tired of being lied to

i got news for you the next 11 games wont be any better for usf if the qb play isnt better

brown has no zip on the ball and the offense lacked creativity

his judgment was poor 

we should have mopped the floor with wku

the coach shouldnt be fired yet but he better use the other 3 qbs before losing another game.if all 4 stink i cant live with that but dont play a qb that throws an interception in the red zone

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

19 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

I mean, yea, you can question the stadium if you want.

Here’s the thing though, people can’t say “we need to invest in the program to show we can commit to funding our sports program” and also say “omg, the stadium is such a waste of money. Why are they doing that”.

The stadium is mainly for the students, they are trying to build tradition and culture and excitement for the students. We have no tradition at all, and that is something that creates a good, fun atmosphere where people want to be.

I am excited for the stadium. I am excited that the students will get to finally have a stadium.

this is a good point

the stadium is all about the future

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

A fan of USF wouldn't. That's just plain silly  .... This pity party ******** has gone off the rails with a lot of exaggerated nonsense.

Remember when our boards sounded the same when we were WINNING games?😆

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, smazza said:

we are tired of being lied to

i got news for you the next 11 games wont be any better for usf if the qb play isnt better

brown has no zip on the ball and the offense lacked creativity

his judgment was poor 

we should have mopped the floor with wku

the coach shouldnt be fired yet but he better use the other 3 qbs before losing another game.if all 4 stink i cant live with that but dont play a qb that throws an interception in the red zone

Not with the ****show that Jeff Scott left behind. If Goach had taken over for Willie Taggart and put forth this effort, I'd be concerned. But we went on the road with a brand new offensive system and went toe-to-toe with a top 40 (possibly top 25) caliber team with a top 10-15 offense. The D showed more life than it has in years. We're going to be fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Not with the ****show that Jeff Scott left behind. If Goach had taken over for Willie Taggart and put forth this effort, I'd be concerned. But we went on the road with a brand new offensive system and went toe-to-toe with a top 40 (possibly top 25) caliber team with a top 10-15 offense. The D showed more life than it has in years. We're going to be fine.

Yes I’m not too worried. That game against WKU I expected USF to get blown out. USF made it interesting in the 1st half. 3-2 after Navy game is still the goal and my expectations to move forward 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

On 9/3/2023 at 9:21 PM, Peatearpan said:

My goodness, the toxic attitudes on this board after that WKU loss. I hope some of those responses are “hot takes” and overreactions.

Saying the stadium isn’t worth it, that the money is being wasted?

Saying the coach needs to be fired after one game? Keep in mind we have been bad the last 4 seasons, we have new schemes/coaches/players AND a bunch of talent transferred out.

The reactions on this board are unreal.

I don't disagree with you, but those are opinions held in many places like Twitter, FB, the stands in the stadium and any publicly available media or social platform.  About the only place not with a person or two feeling that way is probably the LRS center or the Golesh household. 

It's really better for others to push towards the positive, sanity and the truth we see rather then to condemn "this board" for people speaking their minds.  If you've been around and you how fans often react continued losing, this is not a new phenomenon.  Don't let it get you spewing at others.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

with any luck, maybe 12 or 13 games (AAC championship/bowl game)

gotta BULLieve!

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 8:57 AM, michibull said:

Completely agree, it’s the main reason I haven’t been on here much since the game. I thought there were some positives that we could talk about but all of the coach fits is just a way of time and so unwarranted. 

I think there are people that avoid the board after a loss because others are posting without control of their emotions or have been over-imbibing.  It's petulant behavior, but why let it bother you? Way the F back in 2005 this was a problem as the Leavitt-haters began the first campaign of grimacing about everything.  You really need the other side to engage or share their viewpoint rather than their keyboards and pout.  We shouldn't have lost that bowl game!!, waah!

I watched the WKU game, I hate losing (MOST PEOPLE DO).  If you don't have a reaction to losing, you've got the wrong hobby.  

I also saw a team that hit harder on defense then I have seen in at least five years, probably actually back to 2007-09.  I saw us pressuring the QB, all in all we looked a hell of a lot better on defense. We looked like we had a plan.

Our offense moved gracefully down the field to open with a score.  We were able to run physically.  We knew GOING IN, that the Receivers room was the weakest.  That was proven.  BB unfortunately was under pressure because of a porous OL, but we are rebuilding that OL.  More of the same expectation of trouble.  nothing new there - areas of improvement.

To me, it was an improvement, saw some weaknesses we knew were there.  I think we get better each week.

If the only option is to armchair everything, pretending you can do it better - again, you have the wrong hobby.  Get out there and run your own college program, or get a Youth team and go at it.

Either way, I felt pretty good with what I saw and none of the mindless comments change a thing for me.  I carry on.

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Bull Matrix said:

This USF fan is not giving up!! USF will be in the bowl game hunt after the Navy game…

27637003-2738-4A96-92F8-C5013856E91E.png

The dude in the costume was in the same Mexican restaurant pre-game.  He got on TV a lot of places.  The cat in the bucket hat is a member here.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

The dude in the costume was in the same Mexican restaurant pre-game.  He got on TV a lot of places.  The cat in the bucket hat is a member here.

you probably know this but I saw your mug on TV a few times during the game

that guy in the outfit was something though

• Upvote 1