• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You guys do know that there are 11 games left on our schedule?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/5/2023 at 12:49 PM, Brad said:

I think there are people that avoid the board after a loss because others are posting without control of their emotions or have been over-imbibing.  It's petulant behavior, but why let it bother you? Way the F back in 2005 this was a problem as the Leavitt-haters began the first campaign of grimacing about everything.  You really need the other side to engage or share their viewpoint rather than their keyboards and pout.  We shouldn't have lost that bowl game!!, waah!

I watched the WKU game, I hate losing (MOST PEOPLE DO).  If you don't have a reaction to losing, you've got the wrong hobby.  

I also saw a team that hit harder on defense then I have seen in at least five years, probably actually back to 2007-09.  I saw us pressuring the QB, all in all we looked a hell of a lot better on defense. We looked like we had a plan.

Our offense moved gracefully down the field to open with a score.  We were able to run physically.  We knew GOING IN, that the Receivers room was the weakest.  That was proven.  BB unfortunately was under pressure because of a porous OL, but we are rebuilding that OL.  More of the same expectation of trouble.  nothing new there - areas of improvement.

To me, it was an improvement, saw some weaknesses we knew were there.  I think we get better each week.

If the only option is to armchair everything, pretending you can do it better - again, you have the wrong hobby.  Get out there and run your own college program, or get a Youth team and go at it.

Either way, I felt pretty good with what I saw and none of the mindless comments change a thing for me.  I carry on.

Spot on!! I watch USF to feel connected to our school, I love them regardless. Yes, sometimes it’s difficult and our current conference isn’t great, BUT, they’re still my Bulls. South Florida provides one of the best educations in the country and with the OCS coming, can provide a solid D1 football/sports experience as well. My son and I watched the game (he’s a Michigan State fan first), but even he was impressed with our offense and at concluded that “hey, we may be alright this year!!” There are always things to fix, but for game one, I was content.