• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Predictions

Season Predictions  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will USF win this season?

• 11+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 07:00 PM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

I want it to be 6, but I voted 4.  Adjusting to new system yadayada.

I have to believe that the defense MUST improve, right?  Like it has to, right?  That could lead to a lot of wins when we knock the rust off.  

Edited by Rocky Style

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

With the weak conference schedule and improved coaching there is no excuse to not win 6 games.  The issue is with have so much roster turnover and unproven head coach so it is hard to predict  my range is from 4 wins to 9 wins. So I'll go with 6 wins. I think Bama and Utsa beat usf no matter what because they have better coaches and production returning. I think we lose against wku to but I don't think wku will finish as strong as utsa. Other than that the schedule is weak and it's time to feed the bulls.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

20 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

With the weak conference schedule and improved coaching there is no excuse to not win 6 games.  The issue is with have so much roster turnover and unproven head coach so it is hard to predict  my range is from 4 wins to 9 wins. So I'll go with 6 wins. I think Bama and Utsa beat usf no matter what because they have better coaches and production returning. I think we lose against wku to but I don't think wku will finish as strong as utsa. Other than that the schedule is weak and it's time to feed the bulls.

I like that, aside from WKU (who might just be a middling team this year) and Bama, our toughest matchups are in 9th and 11th games of the year. That will give this team a lot of time to find its footing and identity. Show well against WKU and, potentially, ever game aside from Bama is winnable. 6 to 8 wins this season. I am going to be positive about this until I have a clear reason not to be. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

If WKU takes it 75 yards to the house on a jet sweep to start the game then I’m going to freaking lose it. 

• Haha 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

Sep 23 - Nov 4 is the critical 6 game stretch that will likely define the season because in absolute terms it's a weak schedule. Coach Go has to look notably better in that stretch than CJS did the last three years. Otherwise we'll have two empty stadium games in November and we can't have that if we're talking about a 340 million dollar stadium. I don't see how VPMK can keep his job under 5 wins this year.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SarasotaUSF said:

If WKU takes it 75 yards to the house on a jet sweep to start the game then I’m going to freaking lose it. 

Their receiver turned the corner not jeff  scott.  ALL the offseason culture change and progress was summarized in one play. Let's hope goach is the opposite of Jeff scott. I hope the players take the games more serious.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

So the ESPN game by game "Matchup Predictor" 

• Bama 97.8% - USF 2.2%

I saw this percentage earlier and it made me laugh.  So you're saying there's a chance!  

Would TSA make an exception and let us throw the goal posts in the Hillsborough river a la Tennessee?

1 hour ago, SarasotaUSF said:

Bruh.  I am going to go slam more glizzys if that happens.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Wku is going to be a huge challenge for this defense...likely they have best qb we see all year. 

So if defense looks improved and can get good pressure on qb even with a loss I could see them getting 6 wins. 

Also offense has me concerned we lost like 75% of production with Horn, Weaver and Battie.  We atleast should be good at qb and rb...receiver is just so unknown. 

Agreed... I'm terrified for the defense at WKU.... Honestly I'm expecting another drubbing in a opener for us, just really hope it doesn't screw the mindset for the entire season. Hoping they surprise me though and make it a good one of course. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Agreed... I'm terrified for the defense at WKU.... Honestly I'm expecting another drubbing in a opener for us, just really hope it doesn't screw the mindset for the entire season. Hoping they surprise me though and make it a good one of course. 

Just hope people don't meltdown if we lost big this game. Its alot to ask to open on road vs likely Cusa champions with new coach and alot of new players. 

WKU has started first games slow recently so let's hope that trend continues. 

Keep game close at end of the first quarter be a big step in right direction for this team. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade