• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Predictions

Season Predictions  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will USF win this season?

• 11+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 07:00 PM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,896
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

I think that winning six - and mentioning a bowl game - was a good guess. Especially on August 25th.

I went with Vegas at -4.5.

Six & a bowl is what we in the wonderful world of gaming refer to as 'upset', not an uncommon occurrence in the wide world of sports.

Do I still think it's funny? Maybe not funny, but I do think we lucked out based on the conference competition we faced this season. 

Yes, the six wins are enough to get a bowl bid, and certainly better than the last four years. 

I’m not sure if we “lucked out”. Yes, the schedule overall was much more manageable. We are also better coached, which goes a long way.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

On 8/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, bulloni said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Based on overall recruiting talent on the roster the only team on our schedule that had more talent than us last year was Alabama. Assuming we lose that and beat FAMU.

That leaves us 10 games vs teams smaller, slower, and more under recruited than us. I think in year 1 breaking in a new system Golesh can win 50% of those.

6-6. We play a middling MWC team in the Hawaii Bowl.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:56 AM, Brad said:

My MGM bet was the under on 4.5.

However, I've evolved, full of optimism, to a six-win season.  So that's pretty good.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:57 AM, Bulls On Parade said:

Wku is going to be a huge challenge for this defense...likely they have best qb we see all year. 

So if defense looks improved and can get good pressure on qb even with a loss I could see them getting 6 wins

Also offense has me concerned we lost like 75% of production with Horn, Weaver and Battie.  We atleast should be good at qb and rb...receiver is just so unknown.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:06 PM, Outlaw said:

With the weak conference schedule and improved coaching there is no excuse to not win 6 games.  The issue is with have so much roster turnover and unproven head coach so it is hard to predict  my range is from 4 wins to 9 wins. So I'll go with 6 wins. I think Bama and Utsa beat usf no matter what because they have better coaches and production returning. I think we lose against wku to but I don't think wku will finish as strong as utsa. Other than that the schedule is weak and it's time to feed the bulls.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, belgianbull said:

I picked 5 or 6 ( don't remember since I voted yesterday). I see wins against FAMU, Rice, UConn, Charlotte, and Temple.

Whatever happens against WKU I am looking at how the team improves throughout the year. With all the craziness around expansion we can't really afford to not at least win 4 games. I do think that Golesh can get us at least 4 wins year 1, and I am expecting 5 or 6 wins total.

This easy schedule sets up nicely for Golesh to have a fast start

Figured I'd check out this thread (at least the posts before week 1).  Good job to those who predicted 6 wins.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Upvote 3