• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Curious to see if in the portal era you can convince a blue chip to come to you for a year.

"You can come to beautiful Tampa and start against lesser competition for a year to get your feet wet with college football instead of redshirting somewhere for a year. Then transfer to the highest bidder if you so please"

I kind of like this thinking. I mean, if college basketball can have success with one-and-done guys, why not a new college football version? I know it's not the same thing because football generally requires full grown men while basketball can be played at a high level by young "kids", but it's a strategy that could work for USF for now. Plus, a certain percentage of those types of recruits may just fall in love with Tampa and USF and decide to stay all four years. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Curious to see if in the portal era you can convince a blue chip to come to you for a year.

"You can come to beautiful Tampa and start against lesser competition for a year to get your feet wet with college football instead of redshirting somewhere for a year. Then transfer to the highest bidder if you so please"

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

If we were purely in a new portal era and nothing else, for sure. But seems unlikely with NIL still pulling recruits to the old rich schools even if they don't start right away. What you'll see with those blue chips is basically Quinn Ewers: go to a blue blood out of HS for NIL money, then if you don't start right away go to another blue blood next year.

Edited by UCF_rustbucket
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Gonna a easier to land great recruits now that the 12 team playoff, IPF, and OCS are reality 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

This is pretty much what Jimmy Horn, Jr. is going to end up doing. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

No way would I use that as a sales pitch. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Currently listed at 6-2 327, has a squatty body - could make a nice 0-tech if he's got the lower body strength and explosiveness. Looks like Orlando used a NT while at Texas and USC too. Kid is from Florida with lots of P5 offers coming out of HS. I doubt he'll have a shortage of suitors, but go big or go home baby!

Edited by ClassOf2005Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

Coach "Go" was on zoom meeting with FL HS coaches last night.

December 21st will be coming quickly!

Go BULLS !!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

Currently listed at 6-2 327, has a squatty body - could make a nice 0-tech if he's got the lower body strength and explosiveness. Looks like Orlando used a NT while at Texas and USC too. Kid is from Florida with lots of P5 offers coming out of HS. I doubt he'll have a shortage of suitors, but go big or go home baby!

He's a solid 327, doesnt look fat at all. I probably jinxed it. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He's a solid 327, doesnt look fat at all. I probably jinxed it. 

It's okay because jinx is not real!

• Haha 1