• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Except Taggart didn't go over .500 here and has failed at every other stop since he left. Taggart only went over .500 at Oregon and left for FSU. He isn't even .500 at FAU.

image.png.2661d464c245adf76b88146c39677f77.png

I’m not even a Taggart fan, but he literally went 19-7 his last two seasons here. Saying he wasn’t even .500 means nothing with what his final two seasons at USF looked like. He also increased his amount of wins each season here. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

For once I hope the rumors are true...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

The reason I believe this is true is really hurtful: we are such an irrelevant program at this point it would be nonsensical to even have rumors about us that weren't true. We just aren't a needle mover. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, thekidnapper said:

The reason I believe this is true is really hurtful: we are such an irrelevant program at this point it would be nonsensical to even have rumors about us that weren't true. We just aren't a needle mover. 

Leavitt makes the most sense as he was the one that made USF football relevant while he was here. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

USF has to bring in a coach that brings some excitement back to the program. Deion would be amazing. Even if he left after a couple years (which he would), we could have a few fun seasons. 

if not Deion then CJL 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Leavitt makes the most sense as he was the one that made USF football relevant while he was here. 

I'd be happy to have him back but I like retro and vintage things. But in the 'likelihood of occurring' hierarchy: a current HC in Deion Sanders is way more likely than rehiring the semi-retired coach you fired for striking a player. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

I'd be happy to have him back but I like retro and vintage things. But in the 'likelihood of occurring' hierarchy: a current HC in Deion Sanders is way more likely than rehiring the semi-retired coach you fired for striking a player. 

You forgot that he sued the university. I feel like that might factor into the decision, too.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

I just can’t see any other way out of the bad karma USF has gotten into without making things right. What they did to USF football was & still is wrong.

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You forgot that he sued the university. I feel like that might factor into the decision, too.

They ended up settling…

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

People still mentioning cjl..give it a rest. Man it’s getting old as him. He is not coming back to usf football ever. He wasn’t the guy then and isn’t now. Passion doesn’t win championships. We never won with him and we weren’t going to. Outcoached in every big game and same teams we lose to every year. 

at first i would say we have no shot at deon but why is it being reported. I agree there has to be something there. We aren’t even worth mentioning if it didn’t have some merit. Deon may not want to go big time right away. He may need another stepping stone after this year And he loves proving people wrong. We would have a top 25 class the moment we sign him. We instantly become media favorites and opportunities to move out quick if we have success. We would need to offer him a ridiculous amount and go broke to get him but it’s worth the money we will make from the hype he will bring. 

• Like 1