• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

Go big or go home…the game changer is deion. We go as hard as we can for him. If we dont we go 2nd level. Herman or chadwell.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  38

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think Herman moves the needle.  

Nah not till he wins.  I'm more excited about our offense players if we can hold on to them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I think after USF announces a new coach, the folks on this board who have said some silly and ill-informed things about VPMK should all line up and put their feet in their mouths.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I don't think Herman moves the needle.  

But he probably is the most sure bet of the coaches available I think. I think he gets a p5 job.

Surprised Nebraska passed on him they deserve to suck for more years and they will. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/22/2022 at 11:51 PM, FazaUSF said:

These days, very few jobs are kept for longer than 3-6 years. The days of Spurrier, Bowden, and Leavitt unfortunately are over. The only places keeping their coaches long-term either have the rare consistent winners, like Bama and Clemson, or don't actually care about winning much and are happy to field a team almost no matter the on-field product. How Michigan stayed patient I don't know but I'm sure this year they are happy that they did. Norvell doesn't look like a Saban, though I suppose he could prove me wrong, and I bet he will have a few seasons of downturn like every program does. When he does, I'm sure Deion hopes to be ready for consideration. 

Putting Leavitt in the company of Spurrier and Bowden is laughable.   Those men won conference titles.   Those men won national championships.   Leavitt could not even sniff second place in conference play.   He was lucky to get one win above .500 in conference play.   Leavitt had his chance to jump for more money, but he stayed.   Probably stayed too long and was not going to get another shot at a payday job.  If anyone thinks that Leavitt would still be at USF if USF did not fire him, then they are really hitting the crack pipe.  He would have either gotten a better paying job if he actually figured out how to win a conference championship, or he would have lost his job for underperforming.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Crying 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

7 hours ago, Mango028 said:

Go big or go home…the game changer is deion. We go as hard as we can for him. If we dont we go 2nd level. Herman or chadwell.

I think Herman would be a good choice. Might not excite the crowd as Deion would, but might be the more solid coach long run.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

then they are really hitting the crack pipe.

While I agree with some of what you say, this point we’ll have to disagree. How many coaches get to start a program from scratch and build it to a BCS/Power conference team. Not saying he would definitely still be here, but definitely a good possibility. In terms of conference championships, yeah, 5 years in the BE without one, I was frustrated too (I was one who thought he plateaued, which now I wish we kept him) but whose to say that with a different OC, he could have gotten one. Achieving 9-4 and 8-5 records every year was pretty good. I always thought that if Grothe didn’t get hurt his senior year, that was going to be our year. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

I think after USF announces a new coach, the folks on this board who have said some silly and ill-informed things about VPMK should all line up and put their feet in their mouths.

That would depend on which coach was hired. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

31 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Putting Leavitt in the company of Spurrier and Bowden is laughable.   Those men won conference titles.   Those men won national championships.   Leavitt could not even sniff second place in conference play.   He was lucky to get one win above .500 in conference play.   Leavitt had his chance to jump for more money, but he stayed.   Probably stayed too long and was not going to get another shot at a payday job.  If anyone thinks that Leavitt would still be at USF if USF did not fire him, then they are really hitting the crack pipe.  He would have either gotten a better paying job if he actually figured out how to win a conference championship, or he would have lost his job for underperforming.

This is FAKE NEWS…..

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Nothing that Kelly will do changes the fact that he has run a clown show up until this point in his tenure.  He can certainly change the narrative, but he can't change the past.

• Upvote 3