• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

This next coaching hire best not be the disaster that Scott was or MK will be gone. Most AD’s don’t get a third  football coaching hire after their first two were abominations . He needs to get this right. I know I am in the minority on this but I haven’t been impressed with MK at all. His coaching hires and contracts leave a lot to be desired. 

Edited by USFRaider

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

There is more to coaching than coaching. Ask the Athletics employees who tried to raise donations with CCS at the helm. He was absolutely terrible for it. You can hold it against me that I consider all of the intangibles important for a head football coach. They aren't the only aspects to the job, but they are important. Holtz had good intangibles but was bad at the X's and O's which is why he was deservedly let go. The same is true for CJS. On-field performance is important, but there are things above and beyond that which are important, too.

We will agree to disagree, you are paid to coach and if you cannot coach then you are not a good coach. If you win, donations up, locker room is great, coach is awesome.  When not it all sucks. Doc we need to start winning again don’t give two violation about a so called culture 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

We will agree to disagree, you are paid to coach and if you cannot coach then you are not a good coach. If you win, donations up, locker room is great, coach is awesome.  When not it all sucks. Doc we need to start winning again don’t give two violation about a so called culture 

Couldn’t agree more. Win some freakin games!!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

This next coaching hire best not be the disaster that Scott was or MK will be gone. Most AD’s don’t get a third  football coaching hire after their first two were abominations . He needs to get this right. I know I am in the minority on this but I haven’t been impressed with MK at all. His coaching hires and contracts leave a lot to be desired. 

Until the ACC invite comes….

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Until the ACC invite comes….

Or doesn't come due to poor capitalization on football successes.... hint hint mid-to-late 2000's... a poor donor showing in number of donors and amount of donations will absolutely rule a school out for P5 conferences. You need the success on the field but all the stuff off of it matters also. It's why we have a push to donate to the Bulls Club Annual Fund instead of the unaffiliated NIL outlets. Conferences look at EVERYTHING, not just whether you have been winning lately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

Or doesn't come due to poor capitalization on football successes.... hint hint mid-to-late 2000's... a poor donor showing in number of donors and amount of donations will absolutely rule a school out for P5 conferences. You need the success on the field but all the stuff off of it matters also. It's why we have a push to donate to the Bulls Club Annual Fund instead of the unaffiliated NIL outlets. Conferences look at EVERYTHING, not just whether you have been winning lately.

I will be absolutely shocked if we don’t end up in ACC. We just will have too much going for us by the time the next shake up happens. MK is gonna get us to the promise land. I can’t wait to see who is the next head football coach. Go Bulls !!

• Crying 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Apparently the overall USF donor base has never gotten that memo ...... which is why some are cutting MK some serious slack right now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Preach on, Brother Faza ....

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

We gotta give money to all the things!  Go Bulls

money scarface GIF

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Win and everything else goes up too (fans in the seats, donor base, donations, bowl games, better quality recruits, infrastructure improvements, attitude, content players, happiness then more fans in the seats, bigger donor base, more donations, better recruits, bigger infrastructure improvements, bad attitude (in a good way), bad ass players (in a good way), happiness.

Continue to lose year after year and we will continue to ***** and moan and watch this program go down the drain.

• Upvote 1