• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

17 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Nothing that Kelly will do changes the fact that he has run a clown show up until this point in his tenure.  He can certainly change the narrative, but he can't change the past.

I will take change the narrative from losing to winning on the field. Can’t change the past like you said but I am a perfectly imperfect follower of Christ. So I can forgive but won’t forget.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

On 11/25/2022 at 7:35 PM, Friscobull said:

He purchased a life insurance policy with USF as the benefactor when he takes a dirt nap and was able to use the premium amount paid towards his annual donation minimum to achieve Iron Bull status.  I don’t know this to be true but I connected the dots.  

I'm Lester Holt and next on dateline. Athletic Director becomes serial killer. Motive is Life Insurance payouts for a Stadium fund.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,262
  • Days Won:  255

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

puc86 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

Wasn’t Bowden’s first conference championship in his 27th year as a head coach and his 17th year at fsu? And while I typically let this comment linger so we can use the Socratic method to help you get to the answers yes I’m aware that they weren’t in a conference before then. However neither were we to begin with which made up almost half of CJL’s time here. Then we went to c-usa for two years and then immediately to the BEAST. The reward for what he was doing was the fact we kept moving up and kept winning. You really are shocked that a coach didn’t win a conference championship out of two opportunities 7 years into program creation and then moved up again and doesn’t win a conference championship out of 5 opportunities when they amazingly find themselves in a BCS conference within 8 years of their first season?  If someone can’t see how painfully wrong they were about their takes back then given what has been an avalanche of evidence and failure I am amazed by their ability to be willfully ignorant. Our second year in the Big East and our 10th of being a program we only finished in 4th in the conference behind the 6th,10th and 12th teams in the entire country the horror.

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
South Florida Bulls (NCAA Division I-AA independent)(1997–2000)
1997 South Florida 5–6      
1998 South Florida 8–3      
1999 South Florida 7–4      
2000 South Florida 7–4      
South Florida Bulls (NCAA Division I-A independent) (2001–2002)
2001 South Florida 8–3      
2002 South Florida 9–2      
South Florida Bulls (Conference USA) (2003–2004)
2003 South Florida 7–4 5–3 T–3rd  
2004 South Florida 4–7 3–5 T–6th  
South Florida Bulls (Big East Conference) (2005–2009)
2005 South Florida 6–6 4–3 T–3rd L Meineke Car Care
2006 South Florida 9–4 4–3 T–4th WPapajohns.com
2007 South Florida 9–4 4–3 T–3rd L Sun
2008 South Florida 8–5 2–5 6th W St. Petersburg
2009 South Florida 8–5 3–4 T–4th W International
South Florida: 95–57 25–26  
Total: 95–57

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Agree with Puc look at how many teams move up to New conferences and get worse we tread water at 8 or 9 wins...that's actually impressive for moving up fcs, independent, cusa to big east. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

Putting Leavitt in the company of Spurrier and Bowden is laughable.   Those men won conference titles.   Those men won national championships.   Leavitt could not even sniff second place in conference play.   He was lucky to get one win above .500 in conference play.   Leavitt had his chance to jump for more money, but he stayed.   Probably stayed too long and was not going to get another shot at a payday job.  If anyone thinks that Leavitt would still be at USF if USF did not fire him, then they are really hitting the crack pipe.  He would have either gotten a better paying job if he actually figured out how to win a conference championship, or he would have lost his job for underperforming.

Missed the entire point. :roflmao:  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I think Herman would be a good choice. Might not excite the crowd as Deion would, but might be the more solid coach long run.

Not the splash hire that some would be but could still be a good hire, taking a longer time to move that needle ....

Was actually hoping Rhule would have been in play for us considering he was the one with the closest example of building a program like USF...

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Predicting Larry Scott from Howard is the new Head Coach at USF.

🤢that’s even worse then Chadwell 

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

🤢that’s even worse then Chadwell 

We hire a HC from the one team we beat...sounds about USF

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,262
  • Days Won:  255

If we hire Chadwell, until we start winning no one is going to be able to convince me that we didn’t just have CJS legally change his name and come back.