• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

65 is not old lol. It is not the age it is the fight in the spirit. Bowden kept coaching. Leyland kept coaching. Paterno kept coaching. Bobby Knight kept coaching. Holtz kept coaching. Age is only an excuse 

Poor examples, Bobby got canned, Paterno and Knight got exiled, we are a rebuild, those guys were established which is the difference.  Would you have brought Bobby or Joe in to rebuild a team in their late 60’s?? Nope

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

You gotta get them here to develop them .......

🙄

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We just need the shiny new coach to come in, drop some coachspeak, excite us, take our money and leave.   It’s the same old thing, speaking of OLD. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

51 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Poor examples, Bobby got canned, Paterno and Knight got exiled, we are a rebuild, those guys were established which is the difference.  Would you have brought Bobby or Joe in to rebuild a team in their late 60’s?? Nope

I would be happy if we rehired Leavitt and he got fired for his performance on the field. USF & Leavitt could then finally move on. Hearing all this 65 is too old nonsense is wack. Just another excuse from the never Leavitt camp. Whatever! 

37 minutes ago, Brad said:

We just need the shiny new coach to come in, drop some coachspeak, excite us, take our money and leave.   It’s the same old thing, speaking of OLD. 

Exactly lol. Now you know why I was bringing up the posts that were all giddy about the Scott hire years ago only to see those same people post how terrible USF is 24/7. Lol, they never hold themselves accountable. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I would be happy if we rehired Leavitt and he got fired for his performance on the field. USF & Leavitt could then finally move on. Hearing all this 65 is too old nonsense is wack. Just another excuse from the never Leavitt camp. Whatever! 

Hold on a minute, I love CJL, it was a witch hunt and he got screwed, I never totally got over it.  Our AD is risk adverse and would never hire him back so the whole discussion is moot anyways.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Exactly lol. Now you know why I was bringing up the posts that were all giddy about the Scott hire years ago only to see those same people post how terrible USF is 24/7. Lol, they never hold themselves accountable. 

I thought the hire was shat right out of the gate, so you are talking about someone else 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Friscobull said:

Hold on a minute, I love CJL, it was a witch hunt and he got screwed, I never totally got over it.  Our AD is risk adverse and would never hire him back so the whole discussion is moot anyways.

Yeah I hear you. Think most USF fans that followed USF appreciate what Leavitt did for us. I’m not falling into the 65 is too old crowd as you can clearly tell that Leavitt wants to coach again. If USF hired him it would probably be for short term maybe 3 or 4 seasons and he will either retire or get fired based on on field performance. Think that would finally close the book on the Leavitt/USF saga and all of can move forward lol

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I thought the hire was shat right out of the gate, so you are talking about someone else 

I am talking about outlaw & Puc…. 

Just kidding lol. Happy Thanksgiving to all…

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I am talking about outlaw & Puc…. 

Just kidding lol. Happy Thanksgiving to all…

You to Bro!

• Upvote 1