• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

50 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I just do not understand why he becomes the first, the only, name for so many people.

So it's so many, then?  😂

I don't know anyone that has made him the only choice.  Maybe it's the masses that gave up on USF afterwards.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Brad said:

So it's so many, then?  😂

I don't know anyone that has made him the only choice.  Maybe it's the masses that gave up on USF afterwards.

Yes, so many people, as in - it's shocking how SO MANY people can live their lives hoping and wishing for their first crush to come back around.

CJL's time at USF has come and gone... regardless of how it ended.  Everyone should just move on, and live for the future.

image.jpeg.cdadb4260f5868cbc06cbde44840494d.jpeg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I don't really need swagger..  That's just theater replacing skill.

So many great coaches in the SEC and P5, no swagger, but winners.  Swagger is just to hide something else and interest the kids.  We need a real coach that can win games.

Unfortunately our last two coaches had neither.

• Me no likey 1

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

and wishing for their first crush to come back around.

This is like the dumbest you've ever said, Jim.  You typically are very factual and informed.  I take that you are jesting, somewhat. 

It's a known commodity and a proven process.  It's a guy, who like a great player, will win on effort and desire - not on ⭐⭐⭐s and slimy green uniforms.  

Leavitt would give me comfort that we have a guy that will find a way to win at the AAC level and higher.

There is no need to dismiss, minimize or insult those that agree.  We have more tape on him at this level than we do on Deion or the D2 coach (suggested by one).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is like the dumbest you've ever said, Jim.  You typically are very factual and informed.  I take that you are jesting, somewhat. 

It's a known commodity and a proven process.  It's a guy, who like a great player, will win on effort and desire not on ⭐⭐⭐s and slimy green uniforms.  

Leavitt would give me comfort that we have a guy that will find a way to win at the AAC level and higher.

There is no need to dismiss, minimize or insult those that agree.  We have more tape on him at this level than we do on Deion or and D2 coach (suggested by one).

It hyperbole borne out of frustration.

We don't really have that much tape of Leavitt on this level ... Maybe 2001-2004... before the Big East, when there were fewer FBS programs in Florida... CJL has obviously done some coaching in the interim, so he may understand how much the recruiting process has changed... how much more social media impact recruiting... (not just Twitter, but Instagram, and even TikTok).

Could he do a better job than others mentioned? Some probably. All? I don't believe so.  Moreover, the sheer amount of scar tissue that would need to be overcome (both for USF and JL) seems to make this conversation almost purely hypothetical.

If I am ultimately wrong and somehow CJL is brought in, I will be cheering for USF.  If it's another coach, I will be cheering for USF. 

• Upvote 1

I don't care if you're right or wrong honestly.  It's just we can debate the whys and not whether it is a high school romance, "nostalgiac", or a first crush as those who wish to minimize people and their reasons for believing he could get the job done. 

14 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

We don't really have that much tape of Leavitt on this level ... Maybe 2001-2004... before the Big East

28 minutes ago, Brad said:

We have more tape on him at this level than we do on Deion or the D2 coach (suggested by one).

Sorry in my mind it was this level and HIGHER.  Thanks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

45 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

how much more social media impact recruiting... (not just Twitter, but Instagram, and even TikTok).

Yea. I bet all the head coaches are worried about social media 😆. They pay people for that lol.  Cmon man. 

• Upvote 1

Or they wisely get a small contingent to do it for them. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

it's shocking how SO MANY people can live their lives hoping and wishing for their first crush to come back around.

I just don't think this is the same as the girlfriend or crush metaphor that everyone keeps using.

• Upvote 1