• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

CJL tweets imply he is looking for something to do. 😃

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I think CJL was fantastic for when he was a coach. With the way technology is (Twitter, Tik Tok, Social media presence in general) , the portal,  N.I L.s... I think,  with all due respect, the game has passed him by. 

I miss the swagger of Taggart. We NEED that level of swagger and energy and I don't feel CJL is that type of coach.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, TromBull12 said:

I think CJL was fantastic for when he was a coach. With the way technology is (Twitter, Tik Tok, Social media presence in general) , the portal,  N.I L.s... I think,  with all due respect, the game has passed him by. 

I miss the swagger of Taggart. We NEED that level of swagger and energy and I don't feel CJL is that type of coach.

CJL does well with Twitter. They are some of the best tweets. Taggart swagger took too long to develop at USF and he jumped away from us too early. Now he is a has been coach at FAU with a losing record.  That is not swagger. 

• Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

CJL does well with Twitter. They are some of the best tweets. Taggart swagger took too long to develop at USF and he jumped away from us too early. Now he is a has been coach at FAU with a losing record.  That is not swagger. 

Not to upset the CJL congregation but where has he been head coaching at since he left here? If we can overlook his time away from us (because his grass was greener as a Bull),  then we can do the same for CWT. I'd like to believe that USF has more appeal and resources than FAU. Which means CWT can do better here faster than he has at FAU.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Not to upset the CJL congregation but where has he been head coaching at since he left here? If we can overlook his time away from us (because his grass was greener as a Bull),  then we can do the same for CWT. I'd like to believe that USF has more appeal and resources than FAU. Which means CWT can do better here faster than he has at FAU.

CJL has been getting great results in the roles he has been in.  I can't say the same for Willie post-QF.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

14 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Hopefully USF lands Coach Sanders as he will make sure the defense plays well. We have the offense ready. Then we should be able to beat FAU next season. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think CJL would be an okay hire but we should probably move on. A dispute happened and regardless of who was right or wrong, it irrevocably damaged the relationship.  There's still some people around USF that were there in 2010. 

I am sure there are a lot of TTU fans that would like to have Mike Leach back but that will never happen. 

Will USF ever invite CJL back and do a Ralph Friedgen type day like Maryland did in 2019? I tend to doubt that will happen until CJL is 70+,  if ever in his lifetime. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  38

17 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Will USF ever invite CJL back

The answer should be yes.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

The answer should be yes.

Publix stadium at Jim Leavitt field has a nice ring to it. 

• Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Gruden is still out there and he DEFINITELY wants the job from what I am reading.  He knows the NFL is out of his reach right now... and he's not very good as a TV analyst.  He thinks coaching in college would be a way to rehabilitate his image... and he actually likes the "coaching" part, teaching players how to get better -- which is what he did with his QB academies.

At this point I have to assume you are just trolling us right? To say that the minority want CJL back and now saying that Jon Gruden was not a very good TV analyst when he was must watch TV for 9 years is just a wild statement. Love Gruden or hate him, his success in the booth is unquestionable. These are two positions that are just so diametrically opposed to reality that I would have expected them to have come from my main man puc. 

• Upvote 1