• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPMK comments on coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

"Slowing down the offense" wasn't really a problem. Not being able to maintain a decent overall level of recruiting was what led to Chuck's demise ...

Okay technically true.  :1397_metal_tone3:

29 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I have one word for you - decaf 😆

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.allaboutadvertisinglaw.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F21%2F2013%2F10%2Fgraduate-plastics_sm1.jpg&sp=1669213779T7268012d6c4f3315b1bb3a2bc662a1d83fb9c7102e7b8cc15d0370818e0c8ba6

One of the movie GOATs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Okay technically true.  :1397_metal_tone3:

I only deal with technicalities ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think we can hope, JIm, but there's one glaring thing that sticks out about your list. 11 names ... 1 service academy (Navy, 15 years, should be on there) ... 1 G5 ... 9 P5.

The other 17 include the third service academy in West Point, 7 P5, and 9 more G5 courses.

I left Navy off my list because there is a lot of speculation that Niumatalolo will be departing this season of his own accord.

But still, more than 20% of all coaches at FBS programs today have been with their programs for six years or more.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

This is crazy but in a fun & entertaining way lol. How the heck am I gonna be able to concentrate on work today let alone Thanksgiving. USF sure knows how to steal the spotlight lol

3 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

This is crazy but in a fun & entertaining way lol. How the heck am I gonna be able to concentrate on work today let alone Thanksgiving. USF sure knows how to steal the spotlight lol

I can help.  There will be very little movement until next week.   Go on with your day, live your life, eat your turkey.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Fixed it for you.  😉

Are we reading the same forum? Seems like the majority not a small percentage? I also don't consider my circle to be particularly small and most are not on this forum...I would describe that circle as near unanimous. I am not arrogant enough to think my sub-100 person circle is particularly influential or representative, but given how small the fanbase appears I would have to say that it counts for more than it should. As a result, I flatly reject your claim. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I can help.  There will be very little movement until next week.   Go on with your day, live your life, eat your turkey.

lol ok thanks. I think I’m struggling with an addiction to hopefully see things change for the good of USF sports. So been hooked on this forum & other outlets to hopefully find the breaking news. I remember when Steve Duemig broke the Taggart to USF story on Twitter but I believe that happened in early December lol

1 minute ago, mj796 said:

Are we reading the same forum? Seems like the majority not a small percentage? I also don't consider my circle to be particularly small and most are not on this forum...I would describe that circle as near unanimous. I am not arrogant enough to think my sub-100 person circle is particularly influential or representative, but given how small the fanbase appears I would have to say that it counts for more than it should. As a result, I flatly reject your claim. 

It's no where near the majority of members of this forum, let alone the overall fan base (which is estimated to be in the 400,000 range)... it's a handful (20? 30?) a few of whom post over and over on multiple threads.

There is a difference between being open to CJL returning (which includes me) and putting him at the top of the list (and he's not even on my list).  I would say the percentage open to him returning would be significantly higher than the percentage who want CJL above all others.

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

lol ok thanks. I think I’m struggling with an addiction to hopefully see things change for the good of USF sports. So been hooked on this forum & other outlets to hopefully find the breaking news. I remember when Steve Duemig broke the Taggart to USF story on Twitter but I believe that happened in early December lol

Well, Holtz wasn't fired until after the last game of the year.  But yeah ... the "it's happening" stuff won't happen until next week.  Any current coach has work to do this weekend... and maybe the following weekend.  

USF is talking to dozens of people... some will be crossed off the list, new ones will be added.  It is looking like fewer P5 spots will be open than I had anticipated, which makes USF a but more appealing.

No need to obsessively refresh three different forums as well as Twitter just in case something happened in the last 20 minutes.  HA!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

It's no where near the majority of members of this forum, let alone the overall fan base (which is estimated to be in the 400,000 range)... it's a handful (20? 30?) a few of whom post over and over on multiple threads.

There is a difference between being open to CJL returning (which includes me) and putting him at the top of the list (and he's not even on my list).  I would say the percentage open to him returning would be significantly higher than the percentage who want CJL above all others.

No matter what, we really need to bury the hatchet with CJL.  It is a shadow hanging over everything and still bothers me and probably a lot of people who were there at the time.  

• Like 1