• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Super Secret Secondary Contract

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Explain to me like I’m a small child why someone, their agent and their lawyers would allowed them to sign two renegotiated contract that is in every single way bad for them and costs them money for absolutely nothing in return. It just can’t happen, it makes no sense and you only pretend to think it’s imaginable because it allows you to pretend to accept a fairytale about people you like but deep down know are completely and utterly incompetent at their jobs just like you had to do about CJS until he all but came out and said I have no idea what I am doing and I don’t know how to demonstrate it to you any more clearly and consistently. If you did your job like VPMK did his job you would be uninsurable or in jail. There is only so many times in life you get to keep cutting the wrong leg off before people start to question if maybe you are the problem. You can be friends with people, have dinner with them, have drinks with them and like them as people but that doesn’t mean you want to give them money and continue to support their failures. You liked CJS, you had faith in him, you enjoyed your dinners but he still sucks, VPMK has been here longer and has only consistently failed harder. There is absolutely no reason to have any faith in him doing anything well since he has universally demonstrated failure and has done so longer than CJS. 

THere was only one winner in that contract 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Explain to me like I’m a small child why someone, their agent and their lawyers would allowed them to sign two renegotiated contract that is in every single way bad for them and costs them money for absolutely nothing in return. It just can’t happen, it makes no sense and you only pretend to think it’s imaginable because it allows you to pretend to accept a fairytale about people you like but deep down know are completely and utterly incompetent at their jobs just like you had to do about CJS until he all but came out and said I have no idea what I am doing and I don’t know how to demonstrate it to you any more clearly and consistently. If you did your job like VPMK did his job you would be uninsurable or in jail. There is only so many times in life you get to keep cutting the wrong leg off before people start to question if maybe you are the problem. You can be friends with people, have dinner with them, have drinks with them and like them as people but that doesn’t mean you want to give them money and continue to support their failures. You liked CJS, you had faith in him, you enjoyed your dinners but he still sucks, VPMK has been here longer and has only consistently failed harder. There is absolutely no reason to have any faith in him doing anything well since he has universally demonstrated failure and has done so longer than CJS. 

You’re correct their agents and lawyers wouldn’t let them sign a contract that doesn’t benefit them finically. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

You’re correct their agents and lawyers wouldn’t let them sign a contract that doesn’t benefit them finically. 

So USF has no lawyers or people  above MK giving approval  to these moves? He has carte blanche? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So USF has no lawyers or people  above MK giving approval  to these moves? He has carte blanche? 

I don’t think he has carte blanche, but do you really think both coaches would sign contract extensions that didn’t benefit them financially? It might not be crazy money, but I’m sure they wouldn’t sign contracts that didn’t benefit them with more money. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I’ve had people sign some pretty unconscionable contracts but anytime they said it had to go to legal and they weren’t in liquidation I knew exactly what parts are getting redlined because people can only sign contracts with some give and take and since we know the one contract was all give some part of the other contract has to have some take because multiple people aren’t taking money out of their own pocket for absolutely nothing in return. The idea doesn’t even pass the giggle test and there is absolutely no reason that grown men that have actually dealt in real life actually believe that many people would just say f it let’s screw ourselves over, people that buy houses like CJS as soon as they get their first payday do not give up money and people who’s payday are tied to your contract are only going to let you make it worse if you pay them in full for the previous contract plus extra for the time and effort to deal with your nonsense and then you are fired from being a client because you are too stupid to represent.

Edited by puc86

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The public facing one was beneficial to usf, it paid him less in the early years and gave him the extra money to hire new coordinators plus got them a set rate for someone they for some unexplained reason thought was a diamond in the rough. Every single contract that is negotiated down in yearly commitment and extends years comes with the carrot of more guaranteed money either in the form of a spot bonus or buyout, every single one.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Well if it ever does become public, then I suppose we'll see which take was closer to the truth. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Bro wtf is this

7 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Bro wtf is this

The facts of the situation, VPMK has been weighed he has been measured and he has been found wanting. He has been here 4 years and it’s the worst 4 years in our history and it’s not like it started low and has been on an upswing, every year he had been here has been worse than the last which demonstrates the more of his vision comes to fruition the worse things get. Why would anyone allow him to make two decisions that will at least impact the next three years given the success of his first 4 years?

• Go Bulls! 1

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Well if it ever does become public, then I suppose we'll see which take was closer to the truth. 

Or we could just go with what we know about his 4 years of public decisions, recognize this is probably not the one example of him not catastrophically failing and move on to someone that may actually be successful. This is in contrast to instead of allowing him to make several other impactful failures and then waiting for his replacement to buy himself infinite time by releasing the information and showing that just by virtue of not being the worst, as measured by results, in the history of college athletics he isn’t so bad. MK has been here 4 yrs what’s your favorite three moments from FB or basketball in those 4 years and now how many of those have taken place in the last year? The last two years? The last three years? 

Edited by puc86
  • Go Bulls! 1