• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Super Secret Secondary Contract

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

I think what he's saying is it factors into his evaluation of MK.  

Still, MK will be making that decision regardless of our feelings about the extension of Scott and all his other alleged shortcomings.

Getting this program turned around is of utmost importance.  I don't think it will wait for the MK situation to be resolved.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I get that .... and when/if we find out the extension costs us more for his firing than it would have it we didn't extend, knock yourself out. At this point you're assuming what that double secret contract looks like.

I mean I have every other contract in history to go off of and I’ve never seen one where someone that isn’t being successful negotiated down their buyout money and when salary goes down and years go up that’s most typically with the carrot of more guaranteed money either as a spot bonus or larger buyout.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I think what he's saying is it factors into his evaluation of MK.  

Still, MK will be making that decision regardless of our feelings about the extension of Scott and all his other alleged shortcomings.

Getting this program turned around is of utmost importance.  I don't think it will wait for the MK situation to be resolved.

MK didn't give out the extensions as a reward. My point is if it doesn't cost us any more money, no blood no foul ..

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

MK didn't give out the extensions as a reward. My point is if it doesn't cost us any more money, no blood no foul ..

I understand your point, just trying to stay one step ahead of puc.  Not easy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I understand your point, just trying to stay one step ahead of puc.  Not easy.

Good luck with that ....

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Have you ever seen a contract extension for a football coach that's only won one FBS game in two years? This wasn't typical anything ........ Again, if it comes out it actually cost us more money with the extension, have at him.

Why would he sign it if it’s all downside that costs himself money and only adds time that is unlikely to come and if it did somehow actually come should be worth way more money? The beauty of guaranteed contract money is that you don’t have to just accept what’s thrown at you, you want me to take less money this year, not get any more guaranteed money than I would already get and for all of that I get a ceremonial year that isn’t worth the paper it’s written on?  No thanks pay me out when you get around to it. We know for a fact that something materially changed in the secondary contract in January and since the forward facing contract only changed negatively there is only one logical way the hidden contract would have changed and the other party would actually sign both contracts.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Good luck with that ....

You should have went to our cocktail party, it gives Brad a leg up 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why would he sign it if it’s all downside that costs himself money and only adds time that is unlikely to come and if it did somehow actually come should be worth way more money? The beauty of guaranteed contract money is that you don’t have to just accept what’s thrown at you, you want me to take less money this year, not get any more guaranteed money than I would already get and for all of that I get a ceremonial year that isn’t worth the paper it’s written on?  No thanks pay me out when you get around to it. We know for a fact that something materially changed in the secondary contract in January and since the forward facing contract only changed negatively there is only one logical way the hidden contract would have changed and the other party would actually sign both contracts.

Again, you're applying typical logic to an atypical situation and making assumptions ...... we will eventually find out about the hushed up contract, right?

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It's a leg he can have all to himself ....

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Again, you're applying typical logic to an atypical situation and making assumptions ...... we will eventually find out about the hushed up contract, right?

It's a leg he can have all to himself ....

Eventually someone always slips up and sends the wrong email from the wrong account or to the wrong account and then boom sunshine. I think the bigger issue then any of this is why we have laws for the state and then state agencies then get to say how can we build things to give bigger than maxes and hide budgets from the public. If state sponsored entities are allowed to skirt the laws without consequence why have the laws to begin with? Which brings me to more circumstantial evidence MK is aware that there is scuttlebutt about this buyout, if it was a stroke of pure genius that casts him in a positive light that accidentally email that gets caught in the snares of sunshine laws would have already been sent many times over as its not an nda violation if you legally have to produce something.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

54 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Think it may have been a wash. No raise, no decrease. 

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Think it may have been a wash. No raise, no decrease. 

This is mostly what I think is technically true but with the small caviar of having more time left made it be more so if it’s said the payout is this at this many years and this at this many years that language likely stayed close to the same but since the time was now greater it got pushed to the next tier.