• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Super Secret Secondary Contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

FACT ↑ A couple times in my family.

Lots of people do not move for stability, not uprooting, not liking another company or for seeing a better upward path at your current position but that is not what this is about. This is about someone having a set long term contract at the same place, for the same job and then deciding that they would sign a new unnecessary contract just for fun and at their detriment because reasons...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Lots of people do not move for stability, not uprooting, not liking another company or for seeing a better upward path at your current position but that is not what this is about. This is about someone having a set long term contract at the same place, for the same job and then deciding that they would sign a new unnecessary contract just for fun and at their detriment because reasons...

I think the whole thing was a symbolic COVID mulligan.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

No my argument is that no one would give up their contract that is in every way better and has guaranteed money for a contract with the same organization that would only reduce their expected intake from that company

except Tom Brady .....Your economic thinking is old school. Nobody believes that we make rational economic decisions all the time anymore.

the new contract only shifted money from him  to his assistants. Perhaps he felt bad that these guys hitched their wagon to him

honestly I don't know jeff scott but that does seem like something he would do.

he did take a 15% pay cut during covid.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I just wish you guys would wrap it up so we can move on to the terribly-timed tertiary contract....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Is your position this? → "Your argument is that Scott (or anyone for that matter) would not pass up on the opportunity to improve his position financially if given the chance."

Or is it this? → "Lots of people do not move for stability, not uprooting, not liking another company or for seeing a better upward path at your current position..."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Leavitt might have gotten it if he'd really tried. He has had other offers and plenty of feelers the past couple of years. All of them would have doubled or tripled his salary. But Leavitt stayed in his USF Taj Mahal, which for six years has consisted of three trailers sitting by a practice field. Be it ever so humble.

And I could have picked up Giselle - if I had really tried.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

And I could have picked up Giselle - if I had really tried.

model s fashion GIF

And Tom Brady could of kept Giselle if he really tried. She probably just got too boring for him I guess lol

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,022
  • Days Won:  38

12 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

And Tom Brady could of kept Giselle if he really tried. She probably just got too boring for him I guess lol

She wanted to get out on the attention seeking tour.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

On 11/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, BDYZR said:

Is your position this? → "Your argument is that Scott (or anyone for that matter) would not pass up on the opportunity to improve his position financially if given the chance."

Or is it this? → "Lots of people do not move for stability, not uprooting, not liking another company or for seeing a better upward path at your current position..."

The second one the first one involves that he already had a guaranteed contract with the exact same company doing the exact same job so if he lowers his base salary there typically needs to be something of benefit coming to the person making that concession, something more than symbolic years when you already have three years left to go.