• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gauging where the fanbase is at on Jon Gruden

Gauging where the fanbase is at on Jon Gruden  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Also, not really sure why I need to go deep into trying to analyze a white man saying a black man has lips the size of michellin tires.  It's a terrible comment and more than unnecessary. 

And black people never make jokes about white people... C'mon man. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  120

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Also, not really sure why I need to go deep into trying to analyze a white man saying a black man has lips the size of michellin tires.  It's a terrible comment and more than unnecessary. 

Seems more like a crude observation. That could just be taken out of context. I haven't heard of any former players or coaches come out and say Gruden ever said anything racist.  Gruden has already paid a steep price. Everyone deserves a second chance.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Rob-Bull said:

Seems more like a crude observation. That could just be taken out of context. I haven't heard of any former players or coaches come out and say Gruden ever said anything racist.  Gruden has already paid a steep price. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I do agree, on all points you made.  The only thing I'm pointing to is that it's going to cause some sort of a headache when it can be avoided.  There are still other candidates that would fit just fine at USF without baggage at all. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

If we're going for ousted NFL coaches, at least Jim Mora has shown some evidence he can raise a program from the dead...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

"instead of dragging the man's character through the mud."

my dude, what?  Take away that one remark I was talking about.  So you can excuse the other things?  You're going to have parents that don't want their kids playing for him because of this.  It's really not any more complex than that, and if you can't see it I'm not really sure how else to tell you.  We can make a better, less controversial hire.  I'm not even sure why it's a debate. 

It's a debate because multiple previous players plus actual historical accounts demonstrate that he uses the term 'rubber lips' to describe people who are lying. This is easily Googled. Boggles my mind that we are so quick to call someone a racist or any -ist without researching. I of course agree he shouldn't be the coach but that has nothing to do with this. Guy coached for almost 40 years with not one account of racism anywhere and says one thing that is handily dismissed but we all want to call him a racist. Crazy. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I do agree, on all points you made.  The only thing I'm pointing to is that it's going to cause some sort of a headache when it can be avoided.  There are still other candidates that would fit just fine at USF without baggage at all. 

I agree with this...100%.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, mj796 said:

It's a debate because multiple previous players plus actual historical accounts demonstrate that he uses the term 'rubber lips' to describe people who are lying. This is easily Googled. Boggles my mind that we are so quick to call someone a racist or any -ist without researching. I of course agree he shouldn't be the coach but that has nothing to do with this. Guy coached for almost 40 years with not one account of racism anywhere and says one thing that is handily dismissed but we all want to call him a racist. Crazy. 

Actually, this was easy to google.  One instance of "rubber lips"?

jon-gruden-101121-getty-ftr_1hbuze4oyzdi

Raiders coach Jon Gruden resigned Monday following leaks of several emails from 2010 through 2018 that included racist, sexist, homophobic and...
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 11/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, Brad said:

As @JTrue would say, he ain't never coming here, let go of your high school girl fantasies.  (I think that's what he said).

1) He's not going to be our HC. 2) I didn't say it, just linked to it. 

I put xCJS and Gruden into my world of never going to happen. But, for different reasons. 

I'd actually be totally fine with either of them getting the job, I'm just not in the camp of thinking it is going to happen. Just like I'm not getting bent out of shape that the Rays aren't going to sign Aaron Judge despite him being a free agent. The Rays could actually do it, but there is no possibility of it being a thing worth getting angry about.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, mj796 said:

crazy that think words mean more than actions

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

On 11/9/2022 at 1:47 PM, SilverBull said:

If we're going for ousted NFL coaches, at least Jim Mora has shown some evidence he can raise a program from the dead...

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF