• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gauging where the fanbase is at on Jon Gruden

Gauging where the fanbase is at on Jon Gruden  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

The lips quote is what I’m referring to. While it might not seem like a big deal to some, it’s completely unnecessary along with his other comments that were misogynistic and homophobic. 

Again, this is not a racist remark. Do some research instead of dragging the man's character through the mud. I very much oppose him as the choice for headcoach...there are many other factually accurate reasons why. Please stop feeding this misinformation. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Gruden was spewing insults . . . socially unacceptable? Yes . . . 

The other statements I saw are crass and again, socially unacceptable.

I find some language unacceptable, but it's spoken every day by people on the street and on regular TV.

And these are personal conversations, right?

He's a longshot, but I would welcome him.

Go BULLS !!!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Again, this is not a racist remark. Do some research instead of dragging the man's character through the mud. I very much oppose him as the choice for headcoach...there are many other factually accurate reasons why. Please stop feeding this misinformation. 

"instead of dragging the man's character through the mud."

my dude, what?  Take away that one remark I was talking about.  So you can excuse the other things?  You're going to have parents that don't want their kids playing for him because of this.  It's really not any more complex than that, and if you can't see it I'm not really sure how else to tell you.  We can make a better, less controversial hire.  I'm not even sure why it's a debate. 

7 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Gruden was spewing insults . . . socially unacceptable? Yes . . . 

The other statements I saw are crass and again, socially unacceptable.

I find some language unacceptable, but it's spoken every day by people on the street and on regular TV.

And these are personal conversations, right?

He's a longshot, but I would welcome him.

Go BULLS !!!

This is a reasonable take.  But it's not as easy as telling a parent of a recruit "well, it's just some of the same language you hear every day."  Whether some on here agree or not, it would be a PR nightmare. 

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

my dude, what?  Take away that one remark I was talking about.  So you can excuse the other things?  You're going to have parents that don't want their kids playing for him because of this.  It's really not any more complex than that, and if you can't see it I'm not really sure how else to tell you.  We can make a better, less controversial hire.  I'm not even sure why it's a debate. 

Have you heard the music many of these kids listen to? Very offensive . . . to some. 

Just now, E.T. said:

Have you heard the music many of these kids listen to? Very offensive . . . to some. 

Some of it is indeed very offensive but that's not really comparable to this situation. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Flip side to that argument is I'm sure there are plenty of parents that would be more than thrilled for their kid to be recruited by coach Gruden

Edited by Bull Nut

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

Some of it is indeed very offensive but that's not really comparable to this situation

Correct, we are talking about Gruden's personal emails.

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

Also, not really sure why I need to go deep into trying to analyze a white man saying a black man has lips the size of michellin tires.  It's a terrible comment and more than unnecessary. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

My kid wouldn't play for him in college.  I wouldn't allow it.

I was a track and XC guy in high school and my coach was the most influential man in my life other than my father.  I wouldn't want Gruden teaching my kid squat.