• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Important Is The Rest Of The Season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, bulloni said:

A sign of a bad coach is inconsistency. This team has shown they can keep up with Florida/Cincinnati. If we can get a coach that can get them to play with that intensity 12 weeks a year we're going bowling next year. 

Agree. And you could see which coaches had their group prepared regularly. Da Prata, Sims, Aiken, and Mogridge. No clue if Dye was any good because we didn't use the TE's enough. Sims is the only defensive coach I would consider keeping.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

21 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Let’s hypothetically say we win out…I know I know.  If that happens does Da Prata get a strong look?

Probably should but probably only way he does is if the team threatens to all transfer if he isn't ....

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

doesnt matter one bit

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Probably should but probably only way he does is if the team threatens to all transfer if he isn't ....

If we go 3-0 to end the year you gotta keep him. That would be more in line with the next Dabo than Jeff Scott. Dabo took over as an interim for a losing team and finished 4-1 down the stretch

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

If we go 3-0 to end the year you gotta keep him. That would be more in line with the next Dabo than Jeff Scott. Dabo took over as an interim for a losing team and finished 4-1 down the stretch

Yeah but Clemson also had a veteran college fan/donor base that doesn't have some who withhold support based on the coach. They could afford to give Dabo a shot ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,395
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Interesting.  Not sure how I did not know this.

Wikipedia is on it > 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,030
  • Days Won:  38

32 minutes ago, smazza said:

doesnt matter one bit

Hey!  I already bought tickets.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

We just got blown out by 116th ranked offense. Here are the remaining offensive ranks:

SMU - 19th

Tulsa - 52nd

UCF - 7th

TL\DR - It's gonna be ugly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah we have enough talent. plus with the portal it's much easier to turn things around.

I would say a qb, couple of good running back and receivers isn't enough talent to turn things around.  The defensive side of the ball is very lacking in talent, see Temple or any other game this season.  We tried the portal for help last season and it went nowhere.  Looking at the state of the program now, what talented player would transfer here to boost their draft stock?  I know we're trying to think positive because the alternative means we're in for another tedious rebuild.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I would say a qb, couple of good running back and receivers isn't enough talent to turn things around.  The defensive side of the ball is very lacking in talent, see Temple or any other game this season.  We tried the portal for help last season and it went nowhere.  Looking at the state of the program now, what talented player would transfer here to boost their draft stock?  I know we're trying to think positive because the alternative means we're in for another tedious rebuild.  

good coaches find a way to win. there is plenty here to win. maybe not the conference but definitely enough to get to a bowl. the defense was awful  because of the coaching. we have enough athletes on that side to be serviceable.