• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Important Is The Rest Of The Season?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Will it show us what it could have been or will it show us what we have to look for to in the future? Or does it not matter how this team ends this season.

I think it sends a message to recruits and players on the fence about transferring.  If we win one to two games  we have fight and heart in the Bulls left for the next coach to build on. If they pack it in and don't go all out the coach is right where the previous  coach left us in the bottom of fbs football. I hope our better players stay and we find a coach asap to get them excited about playing for and having a chance to compete for a win each game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,896
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Do share.

You have other coaches who are trying to prove themselves.

I'm sure everyone remembers the last game of last season when a change was made on the defensive side of the ball and we then came out and played our best defensive game of the season. I totally expect our D to be the aggressive unit it was supposed to be in these last 3 games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

You have other coaches who are trying to prove themselves.

I'm sure everyone remembers the last game of last season when a change was made on the defensive side of the ball and we then came out and played our best defensive game of the season. I totally expect our D to be the aggressive unit it was supposed to be in these last 3 games.

I am picking up what you are laying down!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

It's not very important.  This season has essentially been given up on.  Now, no one will come out and say that, but that's basically what happened.

Players WILL hit the transfer portal.  Expect players like Battie, Weaver, Horn, etc. to be gone.  Maybe Bohanon too, since Scott brought him in.  I am expecting every decent player to be gone.

A new coach, however, WILL stock his guys from the transfer portal, so don't be overly worried about this.  The guys that I just mentioned, while talented players, didn't win USF any games.  There are equally talented players that will be sitting around in the portal waiting to get scooped up.

This season has essentially been scrapped in order to find a new coach.  Expect to get blown out the next 3 games and finish 1-11.  If that doesn't happen, then be happy, but expect it to.

The closest game of the last 3 may be the UCF game, because hey rivalry and all.  It's easier for players to get up for one game.  Still think UCF wins going away though.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Players WILL hit the transfer portal.  Expect players like Battie, Weaver, Horn, etc. to be gone.  Maybe Bohanon too, since Scott brought him in.  I am expecting every decent player to be gone.

Anyone who transferred in, like Bohannon, will not really be able to transfer out.  The transfer rules will require them to sit out 2023 - that means Bohannon would be out of eligibility.  Unless he graduates from USF and wants to get his master's degree (the graduate transfer allows them to immediately play if they new school has a graduate degree that USF does not offer).

I don't expect as many people to transfer out... especially those who are in the 2-deep.  Horn is probably gonna go play with Timmy over in Oviedo... but transferring also means losing their position on the depth chart.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Important is a kind of subjective. To fans, the season is  wash, already, so winning (or losing) the last three games is neither here nor there.  Just s'pose USF wins two of the last three...is that cause for celebration? It is one more FBS game (just go ahead and say doubled) than last year, and on the spreadsheet that is improvement, so...

For players and coaches it's very important as they are the ones doing the heavy lifting. Wanna mail it in 'cause of how the season turned out? Is that your highlight reel? 

Depends on where you're sitting. 😎

• Upvote 1

It's not very important.  This season has essentially been given up on.  Now, no one will come out and say that, but that's basically what happened.

A new coach, however, WILL stock his guys from the transfer portal, so don't be overly worried about this.  The guys that I just mentioned, while talented players, didn't win USF any games.  There are equally talented players that will be sitting around in the portal waiting to get scooped up.

This season has essentially been scrapped in order to find a new coach.  Expect to get blown out the next 3 games and finish 1-11.  If that doesn't happen, then be happy, but expect it to.

The closest game of the last 3 may be the UCF game, because hey rivalry and all.  It's easier for players to get up for one game.  Still think UCF wins going away though.  

Expect players like Battie, Weaver, Horn, etc. to be gone

I hope the next coach can entice these fine young men to come back.

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Important is a kind of subjective. To fans, the season is  wash, already, so winning (or losing) the last three games is neither here nor there.  Just s'pose USF wins two of the last three...is that cause for celebration? It is one more FBS game (just go ahead and say doubled) than last year, and on the spreadsheet that is improvement, so...

For players and coaches it's very important as they are the ones doing the heavy lifting. Wanna mail it in 'cause of how the season turned out? Is that your highlight reel? 

Depends on where you're sitting. 😎

I feel the players if they play their best and win are showing the fans don't give up on USF and we want to win next year. If they pack it in then we know the message was all hope was lost. I will give the new coaches and players a chance because they are my alma mater team.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

You are making me sad now.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

You are making me sad now.

Good news these guys stuck around with Scott so they were here for rock bottom. They may want to be Bulls for life.