• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches to retain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Coach Mo's unit was the highest performing on team, and Da Prato is a hell of a recruiter. Tricketts offense was starting to click, although I would've like to see it with more tempo.

Axing everyone will mean starting completely over with recruiting & flipping the program over on its head yet again. 

We have one of the worst recruiting classes in one of the aac(a consistent position in the CJS reign) I’m sure that’s a risk anyone is willing to take.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

None.

Our next HC should be bringing in their people, not be tied to a previous (terrible) regime.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Coach Mo's unit was the highest performing on team, and Da Prato is a hell of a recruiter. Tricketts offense was starting to click, although I would've like to see it with more tempo.

Axing everyone will mean starting completely over with recruiting & flipping the program over on its head yet again. 

Saying anyone on the staff is a "hell of a recruiter" is just flat wrong.  We recruited better as a 1AA program than we do right now.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

If we end the season 3-0 would anyone be inclined to keep the interim staff? Or that would just be looked at as a dead cat bounce and we'd still want to start fresh?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

11 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If we end the season 3-0 would anyone be inclined to keep the interim staff? Or that would just be looked at as a dead cat bounce and we'd still want to start fresh?

That would be one HECK of a dead cat bounce.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

None

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

Depends on the type of coach that we hire.  A dude like Scott had to assemble a staff.  An HC coming from another school may bring most of his staff.  Who knows?  With that said, I think a couple of our coaches have demonstrated enough ability that they'll be kept here or join another staff elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

They shoulda kept Shaun King a few years ago.  So I'm gonna go with none

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Here is the reality, a new coach will come in and bring in their hires, while maybe keeping 1 coach for continuity. Often the coach who is kept is a function of the gap in the new coaches connections in building a staff. Meaning he doesn't say I want to keep XXXX coach, it is more like, here is my staff, but I don't happen to have an OLine coach, so let me evaluate the current OLine coach to see if I could work with him. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

I'm thinking that was more a product of keeping the defense off the field.

• Upvote 1