• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Case for and against one more year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

16 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Is it a "great opportunity" tho? And if you are good at what you do, there will be other places making you the same offer... even if you have to wait a year.

I think it is.  Some people tend gravitate towards things that are currently on fire and have more potential upside.  Otherwise work is boring...  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Counterpoint: There is another aspect that resonates and hurts recruiting, and is likely a big reason why USF only has six commitments at this point.  The widespread discussion about whether or not this coach, and the rest of the staff, will be here past Thanksgiving weekend.  If you were a HS prospect being recruiting by someone who will be gone before you get there, would you make a commitment? Or keep your options open until it all shakes out at the end of the year?

Great counterpoint.  Which way *actually* affects recruiting more?  I don't know... Again why I would like a smarter article that presents those arguments and tries to answer (if there is an answer)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Counterpoint: There is another aspect that resonates and hurts recruiting, and is likely a big reason why USF only has six commitments at this point.  The widespread discussion about whether or not this coach, and the rest of the staff, will be here past Thanksgiving weekend.  If you were a HS prospect being recruiting by someone who will be gone before you get there, would you make a commitment? Or keep your options open until it all shakes out at the end of the year?

3 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Great counterpoint.  Which way *actually* affects recruiting more?  I don't know... Again why I would like a smarter article that presents those arguments and tries to answer (if there is an answer)

And when you're talking recruiting in this day and age, you've also got to factor in the NIL and how that could affect recruits in the way they look at the coaching situation ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,561
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And when you're talking recruiting in this day and age, you've also got to factor in the NIL and how that could affect recruits in the way they look at the coaching situation ...

I bet coaches  winning games , big games,  and bowl games would get people to donate more to nil funds.  If you have a dumpster fire , no one really wants to throw their money in the fire just to watch it burn. If you have a star play making plays like the Tennessee receiver and winning games last week,  I bet you see an uptick in his nil funds/sells/pay whatever you want to call it. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

47 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Is it a "great opportunity" tho? And if you are good at what you do, there will be other places making you the same offer... even if you have to wait a year.

I can think of 5 things that USF offers:

image.thumb.png.8f61660974b85abd39f940e1356dfc3f.png

• Haha 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

I can think of 5 things that USF offers:

image.thumb.png.8f61660974b85abd39f940e1356dfc3f.png

And there has been no mention of Publix chicken tender subs being on sale. This site is in as big a funk as football.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It's odd that people don't think this is an attractive job even if we fire a guy after 3 years. Get paid $2.5M guaranteed in a lower level where if you have success then you are looking at a big time job.

Taggart was hired by Oregon and Leavitt had an Alabama offer

Lock down the bay area recruits

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,163
  • Days Won:  56

You keep Scott unless you can hire Deion.  🙂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You keep Scott unless you can hire Deion.  🙂

Is he still tight in the Ft Myers area? :)