• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Case for and against one more year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, beefy620 said:

The thread is titled, Case for and against one more year" did anyone make a case for 1 more year?

I suppose I could try? 

When we hired him a lot of us called it 'Year Zero' so by that logic he's only in year two and every coach should get 3 years

Injuries to this team this year have been quite numerous. 

There might be 1 more thing somewhere but thats what i got so far 

I want him gone, but I guess if I had to make a case, I think we are showing improvement even in spite of the injuries. I've been surprised in a few games where I thought we were going to get blown out. However, we can't close out games. This 'competitive but not quite there yet' business is where we should be in Year 2, not end of Year 3. We should be no worse than the 5 - 6 win mark this year. Mark Harlan, after CWT went 2 wins and 4 wins in his first two seasons said USF should be in a bowl game Year 3 and Taggart was on the hot seat. With a healthy team, CJS might actually be there and I have a nagging feeling he'll probably be there next year, especially since the conference will be much weaker in '23.

really don't want to start over because I think we'll have some talent transfer out, but 4 wins in 27 games and some real head scratching losses/game management decisions is really hard to overlook.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Hey @Dave_Glaser, you're a liar.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 5.52.13 PM.png

I’m at a loss. What am I missing here in you referencing this post? It’s still true.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you’re actually using it as a reference to Triple’s post. The four teams I mentioned are historically bad at this moment in time - not sure that’s arguable. Although men’s soccer shows signs here and there . . . 

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Ok so if 4 of USF most important teams  (including the top two) are having/had historically bad seasons - according to Dave, maybe things have gotten better in the last two weeks? Idk. Definitely not for football - then does that not mean USF athletics is having a historically bad year?

INB4 - “What makes football and men’s bball so important??? That’s subjective.”

If you argue that I’m done. 

You should be done for calling Volleyball, although one of my favs, one of USF's most important teams ..... and one of your other most important teams, MSOC, currently holds 5th place in conference, hardly historically bad. And as an aside, WSOC is currently in 2nd place. This has basically been an all round fail for you once leaving your football bashing comfort zone ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

30 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you’re actually using it as a reference to Triple’s post. The four teams I mentioned are historically bad at this moment in time - not sure that’s arguable. Although men’s soccer shows signs here and there . . . 

He tried using your post to back up this nonsense:

16 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

USF athetics as a whole - sans W BBall - is having a historically bad year

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

I want him gone, but I guess if I had to make a case, I think we are showing improvement even in spite of the injuries. I've been surprised in a few games where I thought we were going to get blown out. However, we can't close out games. This 'competitive but not quite there yet' business is where we should be in Year 2, not end of Year 3. We should be no worse than the 5 - 6 win mark this year. Mark Harlan, after CWT went 2 wins and 4 wins in his first two seasons said USF should be in a bowl game Year 3 and Taggart was on the hot seat. With a healthy team, CJS might actually be there and I have a nagging feeling he'll probably be there next year, especially since the conference will be much weaker in '23.

really don't want to start over because I think we'll have some talent transfer out, but 4 wins in 27 games and some real head scratching losses/game management decisions is really hard to overlook.

I hear ya on this, I'm tired of always having to get a new coach.  Though that is likely our reality for a long while even if Jeff Scott can somehow salvage this job

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

18 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

I hear ya on this, I'm tired of always having to get a new coach.  Though that is likely our reality for a long while even if Jeff Scott can somehow salvage this job

USF fan reality is not for the weak of heart.  Even if we get a coach you like, the best advice is to not get too attached.

Revolving Door Corruption GIF by Transparency International

• Upvote 1