• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott recruiting classes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

23 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Our Director of Hr at the engineering firm I work at is a big Clemson booster. I mentioned CJS to him last week and he said man Clemson will take him back in a heartbeat. He was a great recruiter.

Pretty much the same sentiment from UK fans about COA. Some assistant hires work out, others don't. I still have hope for CJS ...... because basically hope is all we got.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

31 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I mentioned CJS to him last week and he said man Clemson will take him back in a heartbeat. He was a great recruiter.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

Florida is in the southern USA... but we are NOT in the "SOUTH".

Talking and acting like he does may "fit in" as a Clemson coach and be expected. But I find it hard to see him recruiting and being taken serious in Florida, especially anywhere south of Ocala.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

This is the most worrying thing about maintaining this regime. We are ranked near the bottom of the conference in terms of recruiting right now - worse than Temple for God's sake. You might ask "who would want to play for a losing team/coach," but Taggart was able to do so and eventually turned the program around as a result of his great recruiting, even when he wasn't winning. Taggart's awesome recruiting maintained hope that the program did have a future after his first two years, but CJS can't seem to generate any sort of success to look forward to. Makes you wonder what is that foundation/culture he keeps referring to, unless it is an uninspiring one.

image.thumb.png.ac9cfc7ce3d93e3412b55c9084ff4b5a.png

We have ranked 77 (Strong),  67(Scott) , 110(Scott), and 73(Scott) from 2019 to 2022.  These rabkings factored in tranfser and hs recruits  in 247. They are preyty close to all the other rating sites. We have  finished  based on performance wise at 120th  or lower based on  our record  for 3 straight seasons counting this season. Our recruiting is in the bottom half of  fbs football and the bottom of our conference. Our performance on field is about a 50 spot drop from our recruiting high.  We need to recruit better and develop  players better to get better results.  I am not sure how the recruiting and player development trend is going to lead to success  but I'm not going to bash the coach anymore. It is what it is factually speaking.  We are recruiting poorly overall factoring in hs/juco/transfers and developing the player even worse.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

I am most surprised by Coach Scott's inability to recruit well at all. I thought this was one of his strengths, but he is severely lacking in this area.

Since Coach Scott is losing so much, he desperately seems to be relying too much on the transfer portal!

Relying so much on the transfer portal is not smart at all! All we are getting are another team's problems or guys have significant flaws. Very few of the plethora of transfers are contributing anything of value. Surprising in that so many on here talked up all of these "great" transfers!

Fire Coach Scott!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I am most surprised by Coach Scott's inability to recruit well at all. I thought this was one of his strengths, but he is severely lacking in this area.

Since Coach Scott is losing so much, he desperately seems to be relying too much on the transfer portal!

Relying so much on the transfer portal is not smart at all! All we are getting are another team's problems or guys have significant flaws. Very few of the plethora of transfers are contributing anything of value. Surprising in that so many on here talked up all of these "great" transfers!

Fire Coach Scott!

What part of any sales pitch he would have used at Clemson translates in any way to what he would be selling here?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Puc86, that is not the point at all. What was successful at Clemson, would not necessarily be successful at USF.

The point is that Coach Scott should be able to have the successful traits of a good recruiter to get High School kids excited about USF.

Coach Scott seems to think he is more of a CEO and does not need to recruit hard. He also is desperately relying too much on the transfer portal, which has not resulted in much positive. Name me 5 to 10 transfers that have contributed anything positive? Should be able to rattle a bunch off since we have like 45 transfers in last 3 years, with nothing but Losses accumulating

All I see is Coach Scott mindlessly circling the huddles during timeouts! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Puc86, that is not the point at all. What was successful at Clemson, would not necessarily be successful at USF.

The point is that Coach Scott should be able to have the successful traits of a good recruiter to get High School kids excited about USF.

Coach Scott seems to think he is more of a CEO and does not need to recruit hard. He also is desperately relying too much on the transfer portal, which has not resulted in much positive. Name me 5 to 10 transfers that have contributed anything positive? Should be able to rattle a bunch off since we have like 45 transfers in last 3 years, with nothing but Losses accumulating

You have some valid points there. Most transfers dont pan out or contribute  to on field success.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I think that’s exactly the point, all of the best recruiters are at all of the best programs and the majority of the time when one of those amazing recruiters goes to a less amazing program they no longer are an amazing recruiter and all of the sudden the person that replaced them are now the new world beater in the recruiting world. Telling people you can help them go watch Clemson in their next big bowl game isn’t quite the same sell as hey how would you like to be competing in that bowl game. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Don't care about this in the least since at least 75 percent of our class will be transfers.  Recruiting rankings are not worth the paper they are printed on anymore, due to the transfer portal era now.

If USF ranks 9th after all of our transfers are added to class, then start worrying.

You're right. That doesn't take transfers into account. We should probably instead look at the 2022 ranking, seeing how 247 does include transfer in their rankings and stuff. I bet we did way better that year since, oh wait...

image.png.06d7313214b6ca2e248fb68004159d02.png

Nope. Still ****. Start worrying.