• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott recruiting classes

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Could that have anything to do with anything other than recruiting? 

Anything new?

Since you asked. I will answer.

Could that have anything to do with anything other than recruiting?  No just bad coaching and bad player development.

Anything new?

Our QB is out for the season and we added another loss. 

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If and only if you click on "overall" rankings and not just "recruit" rankings, which I keep seeing referenced over and over again.  Recruit rankings don't matter anymore.  They just don't.  OVERALL rankings matter (which includes all of your transfers.  USF had the #32 ranked transfer class, for example in all of college football last year (and #3 transfer class in AAC behind only SMU and UCF), which heavily factored into their overall rankings.

Bottom line.  I don't care if Scott or whoever only has 6 high school recruits.  I just don't.  Stack the class with all transfers for all I care as long as we're bringing in good players.  If you look strictly by transfer rankings, he did that last year.   

102760.png

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports...

The ranking I used account for HS recruiting, transfers, and JUCO combined.

Edited by Outlaw

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

This is ridiculously stupid no matter where you post it. Recruiting rankings are pretty subjective to begin with and once you get out of the 20-30 range, it's a total crapshoot. Hell, our classes may really be in the 140-160 range and we're overachieving at 120 .....

Well I dont think there is 140-160 FBS teams. I looked it up it is 131. We really would be lowering the standard even more if we are going to include FCS teams and recruit lower than them.

Edited by Outlaw

2 hours ago, thekidnapper said:

I don't have any proof but it definitely feels like CJS gets more commits from players outside of Florida compared to past coaches. It hasn't translated to anything worth much but still interesting that he has reach.

I noticed we are getting more players from SC which makes sense because CJS is familiar with SC. We do not see as many Baymade players  or the counties surrounding  USF. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem that way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I noticed we are getting more players from SC which makes sense because CJS is familiar with SC. We do not see as many Baymade players  or the counties surrounding  USF. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem that way.

Yeah last year we had HS recruits from MI, NC, SC, TN, and GA. This year we have commitments from a recruit in MD and AL. As for the Bay Area, I never felt like we recruited well here, at least not any of the big name recruits. 

Just now, thekidnapper said:

Yeah last year we had HS recruits from MI, NC, SC, TN, and GA. This year we have commitments from a recruit in MD and AL. As for the Bay Area, I never felt like we recruited well here, at least not any of the big name recruits. 

There is a lot of talent in Polk and other bordering counties to Hillsborough that we seem to not recruit well in. I thought we recruited more from Clemson areas for recruiting than Florida since CJS arrived. I  thought i saw some  more NC, GA, and TN but wasn't sure. I didn't type it. 

Edited by Outlaw

In our 2023 class our highest ranked player in florida is ranked the 171th best player in state. I see guys going to other teams in our conference name UCf/Cincinnati before USf in the rankings. I know rating our "subjective" but that is odd. We need to recruit Florida better. Kelley was our highest rated state recruit at 113. I think there is a lot of talent in Florida that we could use. Florida has the most players in the NFL as of last year. I havent checked since the new season started.

image.png.e3beae699ffe19175001d07ca4b7e7e8.png

image.png.0b7f5a600374b6004824c019595e2a1c.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

Doesn’t matter if we had one of top recruiting classes in the nation. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

41 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Since you asked. I will answer.

Could that have anything to do with anything other than recruiting?  No just bad coaching and bad player development.

Anything new?

Our QB is out for the season and we added another loss

:roflmao:

Swing and a miss

Swing and a miss

0-2 chief  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 10/18/2022 at 12:59 PM, zarnozdabull said:

Taggart's awesome recruiting maintained hope that the program did have a future after his first two years, but CJS can't seem to generate any sort of success to look forward to.

image.thumb.png.ac9cfc7ce3d93e3412b55c9084ff4b5a.png

Taggart's best class was his first, with Mack, Johnson, Flowers et al. They got worse from there.

I contend that Taggart's last class, which had ton of attrition, kicked off our lack of depth spiral. Strong's lack of recruiting solidified this.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Taggart's best class was his first, with Mack, Johnson, Flowers et al. They got worse from there.

I contend that Taggart's last class, which had ton of attrition, kicked off our lack of depth spiral. Strong's lack of recruiting solidified this.

I'd be willing to bet Taggart's last class had so much attrition because Strong drove them off. Same thing he did at Texas with Mack Brown's last class.

It seems like Scott is recruiting similar to Holtz. south carolina, georgia, etc.

problem with this is we aren't a big draw for kids from those areas.

The way Taggart and leavitt recruited Tampa Bay area was to get some really good talent to stay close to home. Next coach we hire refuse to let him get on a plane to recruit.

Edited by Bull94