• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott recruiting classes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

2020:

15 freshman/juco-9 are not with the team or do not get significant playing time this season.

12 transfers-10 are not with the team. 1 has missed games this season due to injury.

2021:

21 freshman/jucos-15 are no longer with the team or didn’t make it to campus or do not get significant playing time this season.

9 transfers-3 are no longer with team, 3 have missed games this year due to injury.

2022:

12 freshman/jucos-10 do not get significant playing time or did not make it to campus or retired from football.

15 transfers-2 not with the team. 6 missed games due to injury or do not get significant playing time.

I could be off by a player or two who missed games due to injury this season. I know we have a lot of 6 year seniors playing but it’s a little disheartening that a lot of players haven’t cracked the two deep.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

This is the most worrying thing about maintaining this regime. We are ranked near the bottom of the conference in terms of recruiting right now - worse than Temple for God's sake. You might ask "who would want to play for a losing team/coach," but Taggart was able to do so and eventually turned the program around as a result of his great recruiting, even when he wasn't winning. Taggart's awesome recruiting maintained hope that the program did have a future after his first two years, but CJS can't seem to generate any sort of success to look forward to. Makes you wonder what is that foundation/culture he keeps referring to, unless it is an uninspiring one.

image.thumb.png.ac9cfc7ce3d93e3412b55c9084ff4b5a.png

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

The ranking above is based mostly on quantity of commits. If you look at average, we're actually up around 6th. But, yes, you are correct that recruiting is where it starts and we're not making anything happen there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The ranking above is based mostly on quantity of commits. If you look at average, we're actually up around 6th. But, yes, you are correct that recruiting is where it starts and we're not making anything happen there.

Could it be that the coach is telling the recruits how great Clemson is?  I kid, I kid. It just hit me when I read that.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Could it be that the coach is telling the recruits how great Clemson is?  I kid, I kid. It just hit me when I read that.

He's not lying though.  Clemson is doing great.  Haha!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

This is the most worrying thing about maintaining this regime. We are ranked near the bottom of the conference in terms of recruiting right now - worse than Temple for God's sake. You might ask "who would want to play for a losing team/coach," but Taggart was able to do so and eventually turned the program around as a result of his great recruiting, even when he wasn't winning. Taggart's awesome recruiting maintained hope that the program did have a future after his first two years, but CJS can't seem to generate any sort of success to look forward to. Makes you wonder what is that foundation/culture he keeps referring to, unless it is an uninspiring one.

image.thumb.png.ac9cfc7ce3d93e3412b55c9084ff4b5a.png

Don't care about this in the least since at least 75 percent of our class will be transfers.  Recruiting rankings are not worth the paper they are printed on anymore, due to the transfer portal era now.

If USF ranks 9th after all of our transfers are added to class, then start worrying.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Our Director of Hr at the engineering firm I work at is a big Clemson booster. I mentioned CJS to him last week and he said man Clemson will take him back in a heartbeat. He was a great recruiter. I laughed and said you can take both him and Chad Morris back as a package deal. He declined the offer for Morris. Take it for what that's worth (which is nothing at this point)....

1 minute ago, mjadams said:

Our Director of Hr at the engineering firm I work at is a big Clemson booster. I mentioned CJS to him last week and he said man Clemson will take him back in a heartbeat. He was a great recruiter. I laughed and said you can take both him and Chad Morris back as a package deal. He declined the offer for Morris. Take it for what that's worth (which is nothing at this point)....

Yes they still love him.  Would they make him the HC though?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yes they still love him.  Would they make him the HC though?

Obviously not. Just thought his comments were kind of telling is all. 

5 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Obviously not. Just thought his comments were kind of telling is all. 

I've heard several fans defend as well.  They are die hard about this guy.  The implication is that it must be USF's fault or that it is impossible to be successful here.