• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott recruiting classes

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

We have  finished  based on performance wise at 120th  or lower based on  our record  for 3 straight seasons counting this season.

Could that have anything to do with anything other than recruiting? 

Anything new?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

I don't have any proof but it definitely feels like CJS gets more commits from players outside of Florida compared to past coaches. It hasn't translated to anything worth much but still interesting that he has reach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

Could that have anything to do with anything other than recruiting? 

Anything new?

You're a softie ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

You're a softie ....

I thought instead of being called a softie, I'd be maligned for making excuses without even making one.  :roflmao:

The thread is still young though...

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

You're right. That doesn't take transfers into account. We should probably instead look at the 2022 ranking, seeing how 247 does include transfer in their rankings and stuff. I bet we did way better that year since, oh wait...

image.png.06d7313214b6ca2e248fb68004159d02.png

Nope. Still ****. Start worrying.

Wrong again.  You keep showing only High School recruits.  A majority of our 2022 class was transfers.

USF's real ranking was 6th in AAC, not 8th.  And actually pretty close to the top 5.  See here:

102760.png

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

We have  finished  based on performance wise at 120th  or lower based on  our record  for 3 straight seasons counting this season. Our recruiting is in the bottom half of  fbs football and the bottom of our conference. Our performance on field is about a 50 spot drop from our recruiting high.

This is ridiculously stupid no matter where you post it. Recruiting rankings are pretty subjective to begin with and once you get out of the 20-30 range, it's a total crapshoot. Hell, our classes may really be in the 140-160 range and we're overachieving at 120 .....

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

We have ranked 77 (Strong),  67(Scott) , 110(Scott), and 73(Scott) from 2019 to 2022.  These rabkings factored in tranfser and hs recruits  in 247. They are preyty close to all the other rating sites. We have  finished  based on performance wise at 120th  or lower based on  our record  for 3 straight seasons counting this season. Our recruiting is in the bottom half of  fbs football and the bottom of our conference. Our performance on field is about a 50 spot drop from our recruiting high.  We need to recruit better and develop  players better to get better results.  I am not sure how the recruiting and player development trend is going to lead to success  but I'm not going to bash the coach anymore. It is what it is factually speaking.  We are recruiting poorly overall factoring in hs/juco/transfers and developing the player even worse.

If and only if you click on "overall" rankings and not just "recruit" rankings, which I keep seeing referenced over and over again.  Recruit rankings don't matter anymore.  They just don't.  OVERALL rankings matter (which includes all of your transfers.  USF had the #32 ranked transfer class, for example in all of college football last year (and #3 transfer class in AAC behind only SMU and UCF), which heavily factored into their overall rankings.

Bottom line.  I don't care if Scott or whoever only has 6 high school recruits.  I just don't.  Stack the class with all transfers for all I care as long as we're bringing in good players.  If you look strictly by transfer rankings, he did that last year.   

102760.png

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

I would take taggart bacm in a heartbeatp

He's done wonders on the football field at the last couple stops....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Wrong again.  You keep showing only High School recruits.  A majority of our 2022 class was transfers.

USF's real ranking was 6th in AAC, not 8th.  And actually pretty close to the top 5.  See here:

102760.png

Ok I stand corrected. 

6th tho…oof.