• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott recruiting classes

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

On 10/18/2022 at 3:17 PM, mjadams said:

Our Director of Hr at the engineering firm I work at is a big Clemson booster. I mentioned CJS to him last week and he said man Clemson will take him back in a heartbeat. He was a great recruiter. I laughed and said you can take both him and Chad Morris back as a package deal. He declined the offer for Morris. Take it for what that's worth (which is nothing at this point)....

Recruiting to P5 is easier than recruiting to G5 . . . 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

Bull94 was awarded the badge 'Problem Solver' and 10 points.

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Recruiting to P5 is easier than recruiting to G5 . . . 

The two coaches that have had success here had something in common when it came to recruiting.

They wanted to lock down the bay area.

A ton of talent comes from this area and the 1 thing you have that almost no other school has is the promise to play close to home.

stop wasting time recruiting south carolina, georgia, north carolina ,etc. Look at our roster. it's loaded with kids from these areas. Great hunting grounds for Clemson. Not so much for USF.

Lock up the bay area.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,617
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

The two coaches that have had success here had something in common when it came to recruiting.

A ton of talent comes from this area and the 1 thing you have that almost no other school has is the promise to play close to home.

stop wasting time recruiting south carolina, georgia, north carolina ,etc. Look at our roster. it's loaded with kids from these areas. Great hunting grounds for Clemson. Not so much for USF.

Lock up the bay area.

Spot on.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Lock up the bay area.

I agree but we also need to get some kids from Broward county. I think I heard somewhere that Coach Trickett is supposed to cover that area or has good connections. The kids down there are the real game changers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, Gobulls90 said:

I agree but we also need to get some kids from Broward county. I think I heard somewhere that Coach Trickett is supposed to cover that area or has good connections. The kids down there are the real game changers.

for sure. no need to go out of state though. 

if a kid needs to fly home to see his family then we have gone too far.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

Lock up the bay area.

Correct.

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

for sure. no need to go out of state though. 

if a kid needs to fly home to see his family then we have gone too far.

Exactly there is a lot of talent in the miami area and near USF. We should be getting these kids versus players Clemson recruiting grounds.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Lock up the bay area.

Just guessing here. I'm not a CJS apologist but one could assume that he had been recruiting kids from that area while at Clemson (hate to bring that school up) and is transitioning to recruiting FL. I'm sure FL is divided up among the coaches especially since we are light on cash to fly them around instead of driving.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

Recruiting will become a lot easier for USF now with the 12 team playoff & NIL. Being in TB has a lot of benefits for recruits.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, mjadams said:

He's done wonders on the football field at the last couple stops....

He still wins more anywhere he went then we are. Our best team was under him. The best two players in program history were recruited by him. 

28 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

He still wins more anywhere he went then we are. Our best team was under him. The best two players in program history were recruited by him. 

image.png.21573f2d6546b8b80ac2d095163221d2.pngimage.png.b7b29afaef07f9c3b138b7cb73bc89b4.png

I am not a huge Strong fan. You can say whatever we want about Strong but 21-16 is better than 4-24. He had 3 fbs wins  in 11 games the year he got fired and the current coach has 1 fbs win in 25 games. 1-17 in conference play is a lot worse than 11-13 in conference play.  Scott also recruited marginally better than Scott according to the rankings with the  new transfer portal  to bring his classes up. Strong is also the only coach at USF to go .500 other then Leavitt.  Willy probably would have gone .500 had he stayed a few games more but he didn't. Willy finished at USF with a record of  24-25.

Edited by Outlaw