• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't give up - we are close

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

I have been silently reading the comments over the Tulane defeated and really I am shocked.  I don't feel likely people are seeing things clearly.  I see a team that is very, very close.  Florida was close, Cincinnati was close (I was at the game), and Tulane was close (until GB went out and still wasn't a blow out).  These are all very good teams and we were right there.  If you don't see this then it seems maybe all that is desired is to see the negative.  What I see is a team figuring it out.  Once they do, watch out.  I truly believe that.  Once this team gets over the hump I think many people are going to be shocked at quickly things change.  Don't give up hope fellow Bulls.  We are right there, just keep cheering to get over that hump.  It is going to happen and happen soon.  I think in the next couple of games it is going to happen.  Maybe I'm delusional, but I truly believe that.

Agreed, team looks better than the last two years, Saturday’s don’t seem completely hopeless 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

These last 2 games are probably the best we've looked in Scotts tenure. 2 games in a row where we looked just as good as a ranked team.

2 weeks to prepare for a beatable Houston team that will be coming off a triple option game. If Gerry is healthy and we get some defenders back I think we can do it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

What I see is a team figuring it out.  Once they do, watch out.  I truly believe that.  Once this team gets over the hump I think many people are going to be shocked at quickly things change.  Don't give up hope fellow Bulls.  We are right there, just keep cheering to get over that hump.  It is going to happen and happen soon.  I think in the next couple of games it is going to happen.  Maybe I'm delusional, but I truly believe that.

The biggest issue right now is the defense can't seem to play a full 4 quarters.  Against Tulane they had a few good stops and some big plays....But they also allowed the end of the first half score, the 75 yard run, allowed multiple wide open receivers, etc.

Offensively the team is getting better.  Even with Marsh in at QB, we still scored 17 which was more than we did in the first half with GB.  That was a pleasant surprise.  I mean, I've been conditioned to watching backups flail ever since Daniels got hurt at the end of Holtz' tenure.  Instead, someone who was 3rd string a few weeks before the season began, and was in the transfer portal last year, threw some nice balls and led TD drives.  (The fumble of course stunk but I think the playcall wasn't wise with that field position)

I just have no idea how the defense figures out their issues before the season ends.  Maybe it's caused by injuries and we get enough players back...I hope so.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Agreed, team looks better than the last two years, Saturday’s don’t seem completely hopeless 

The offense has been hiding the defensive issues.  Once GB was injured, the D was exposed again.  Its clear to see that Scott has increased the talent on both sides of the ball, but his DB's are going to get him fired if he does not address.  The D line is now getting pressure, and it seems like the LB's are decent to good when we get Gordon and Grier back.   But the fact that there is maybe one serviceable DB on this team is extremely bad. Especially when Nick Roberts and Bentlee Sanders are at other D1 programs and are very successful.  Sanders Leads D1 in interceptions.  Why is this staff not being held accountable for this talent going to lesser programs and being better than what is on the roster?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

The offense has been hiding the defensive issues.  Once GB was injured, the D was exposed again.  Its clear to see that Scott has increased the talent on both sides of the ball, but his DB's are going to get him fired if he does not address.  The D line is now getting pressure, and it seems like the LB's are decent to good when we get Gordon and Grier back.   But the fact that there is maybe one serviceable DB on this team is extremely bad. Especially when Nick Roberts and Bentlee Sanders are at other D1 programs and are very successful.  Sanders Leads D1 in interceptions.  Why is this staff not being held accountable for this talent going to lesser programs and being better than what is on the roster?

Is my memory failing me or was Roberts not roasted on this board when he was here? As far as the staff being held accountable for them leaving, they're pretty much getting slammed for everything. Is there really a need to get into minutiae like that? Who knows why those players left to begin with and if the staff even had a chance of stopping them ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

IHouston – No Defense. Teams are averaging 30+ against them - W

Temple – No Defense or Offense. Our best opportunity for another win. - W

SMU – No Defense. Teams scoring 40+ against them as well - W

Tulsa – No Defense, lost to Wyoming, barely beat Northern Illinois and Navy put up 50+ against them. - W

UCF – Good offense and Defense. At this point, we should be running on all cylinders - W

We're going bowling!  One can dream.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

I’ve said this several times. This is his third year. The contrast in Saturday’s game was painfully obvious. Last year these teams were 2 & 10 this year right now Tulane is 6 & 1 and USF is 1 & 6  with the only one coming against an FCS team. It’s hard to ignore that. In my opinion leadership  is a major problem. there’s no excuse for this team to be this bad maybe 

not 6 & 1 But ar least  3 & 3

injuries are caused by a lot of things in football obviously its a violent sport. But I also think it contributes to injuries is poor conditioning and not being prepared properly. When players aren’t prepared they play tentative and Are constantly out of position which creates More injuries.

Watching USF you get the feeling many times especially on defense they don’t know what they’re doing

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I shall add to your sentiment - 

Houston – No Defense. Teams are averaging 30+ against them - W

Temple – No Defense or Offense. Our best opportunity for another win. - W

SMU – No Defense. Teams scoring 40+ against them as well - W

Tulsa – No Defense, lost to Wyoming, barely beat Northern Illinois and Navy put up 50+ against them. - W

UCF – Good offense and Defense. At this point, we should be running on all cylinders - W

Go Bulls!!!! :04-rock:

The likelihood of that happening is slim to none and we would be going bowling. I like it but isn't happening.