• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't give up - we are close

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

What makes you think Houston eats us alive? So far EVERYBODY they have faced has scored 30 or more pts on them besides Rice. Look at Tulane's defense. They are holding their opponents to ONLY 15 pts per game and we score 31 on them with a back up QB playing the entire 2nd half. We have the ability to win more games, we just need to put it all together and figure out how to win. 

I left a link with why I think they eat us alive.  We have lost six straight to Houston and this is in Houston. 

Edited by Sk00b
Mainly just how Houston always seems to find a way to beat us.
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Their qb is going to pass all over us.

But nothing of Houston's defense says they will shut us down either. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Roberts had attitude issues, Sanders did not get a chance here - just casted off.  I think the problem is this fan base slamming them for everything.  I totally understand GB going down and taking losses if the backup is not as good.  The problem that we have as a fanbase is the maniacal anger across the board. Instead of Screaming for CJS the press should be asking him why there is one side, or even more specifically group that has totally failed to progress during his tenure?  What is being done to rectify that?  Why would a player like Sanders who by all accounts was a good kid and played well here choose to go to NV when he is a "Bay Made" guy?

This will obviously be construed as making excuses but has there been an area harder hit as far as injuries go? And I think they hit the db portal pretty hard but they haven't panned out for whatever reason so I'm not sure what you'd realistically expect him to say ..... as far as Sanders goes, maybe he was looking for playing in dry heat. Reasons for players leaving are far ranging but if he's local maybe someone can contact the family if an answer is really needed.

How can he sell building a culture, if he cant bring in, retain, and develop his players? Making a change at DB coach or even DC during the off week would send a strong message to the team and fans that these results are not USF worthy.  Letting this simmer to the offseason will only result in losing talent and fans. 

Cutting loose assistant coaches during the season on an annual basis may not be a good look when trying to replace them ..... and who knows if the replacement will be able to do a better job. CJS has made his bed so let's see how the season plays out.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If GB is healthy, we will score a lot of points vs. Houston.  If not, then we will struggle some.  Marsh can't run the ball very effectively.  We can beat Houston.  They aren't as good as Cincinnati and Tulane, but we will have to play very well to win, similar to how we played vs. Cincinnati or the first half vs. Tulane.  If we can do that, we will be in the game.  They are not world beaters.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

I left a link with why I think they eat us alive.  We have lost six straight to Houston and this is in Houston. 

What does the "past" have to do with the present? Different team and different players my friend. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

What does the "past" have to do with the present? Different team and different players my friend. 

I would go with similar team with some different players... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I support my school and those kids risking it all...... Coaches come and go

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I shall add to your sentiment - 

Houston – No Defense. Teams are averaging 30+ against them - W

Temple – No Defense or Offense. Our best opportunity for another win. - W

SMU – No Defense. Teams scoring 40+ against them as well - W

Tulsa – No Defense, lost to Wyoming, barely beat Northern Illinois and Navy put up 50+ against them. - W

UCF – Good offense and Defense. At this point, we should be running on all cylinders - W

Go Bulls!!!! :04-rock:

We win the final games on the schedule ... we could be bowling. More importantly, an improvement from last season.

Close Out STRONG!

Chicago Bulls Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I'd love to see this team end on a long win streak it be the opposite of the 2018 season. 

If we can get GB and some defenders back and we contine to improve its possible. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,554

I agree that we are so close. I do think these close losses hurt more because of scenario A happened instead of Scenario B, we could be a 4 win team right now.

Our already bad D has had so many injured players this year.

We have depth, but I still think there is a clear gap between the 1s and 2s. Great example of that is Gerry going out. Marsh came in and was a serviceable QB. He is also not as mobile of a QB, so the game plan changes and that momentum we had is gone.

Coach Scott is right, to an extent, that some of these games are different by a couple plays. Big explosive plays have killed us on D all year, if we could take away one or two of those we may be singing a different tune about this coaching staff.

He has done the right thing about getting rid of Glen Spencer. I am glad that Weiss is gone as well. So far Trickett has shown that he is an able coach. I feel that the D is a combination of talent, injuries, and playcalling not being done in a timely manner (that is the one thing that truly irks me the most).